Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melmoney

What is the best foundation you have used?

Hi All. I am all clear from Accutane but I still have red marks/blotchiness left over from my old acne. My derm said the redness should dissapate once I'm off (next month) but I need something for today. I still can't leave my house without makeup.

I haven't been able to find a foundation that has good coverage and looks natural. So I need your help! What's the best out there? I don't want to pay a whole lot (I'm a poor college girl)..so within a good price range, tell me what you recommend!

Maybelline Superstay Silky -- has an SPF 12, less than $10 at Wal-Mart, covers very well & has good staying power. Colors can be "pinky" so be careful. Also, if I apply it with my fingers it looks orange-y but if I use a sponge it is fine :shrug:

Revlon Colorstay covers well, stays well, & has good colors. I think it is $10+ at Wal-Mart.

Guest Kimmay

colorstay has been the best so far

Cornsilk by Sally Hansen. I found it the other day while i was at the dollar store picking up some b.day bags. I used MAC for the past 3 years and have about 7 other foundations but nothing covers/feels natural/ controls oilyness like this one does.

I am using Signature Minerals with good results. It evens out my blotchy skin tone and doesn't cost a fortune. It's my "everyday" makeup and it looks natural if I don't overdo it.

I also use Revlon Colorstay, but I wouldn't put it in the "natural looking" category. I use it when I am having a photo done or when I am lecturing (my job.)

Hope you find something that works for you and congrats on your clear skin!

Colorstay! :lol: I LOVE colorstay quite unhealthfully at times. Okay, now me and my bottle of colorstay need some alone time, no one cum in the room :)

If you are clear from Accutane and just wast to even out your skin, a nice foundation is Almay Smart Shade. It's got sheer to light coverage, and it has a smoothing effect so pores and shallow acne scars seem less noticable......

It costs about 12-14$ and you can get it at a drug store. It's cheaper at Walmart.

On Accutane Colorsay may be too drying......I used Smart Shade during my whole course. I'd use a mineral makeup as a concealer if I needed one......

Smart shade only comes in three shades, and they are all on the yellower side, so they are great for covering up redness....I wear the light one, and the light to medium on in the summer.......

Make sure you moisturize before you apply foundation on Accutane....I never had a flaking problem with this makeup....but I always would moisturize before I put on my foundation.........

LabGirl, thanks for that info. I think I'll go to Wal Mart and check it out and go with my gut! Thanks all!!

If you are clear from Accutane and just wast to even out your skin, a nice foundation is Almay Smart Shade. It's got sheer to light coverage, and it has a smoothing effect so pores and shallow acne scars seem less noticable......

I agree. When I want to wear foundation, I wear Almay Smart Shade.

COLORSTAY IS STILL THE BEST!

:snooty:

I've used MAC for years on my face. What a mistake that was! It wasn't bothersome at first but then I started noticing enlarged pores and more breakouts... Ive switched to bare esectuals... very light on the skin and gives pretty good coverage if you layer..and doesn't look cakey at all!

When my skin was super clear, in the summer I really liked the Smashbox cooling tinted moisturizer. It left my face moisturized and went on naturally

I'm liking Clinique Clarifying Makeup right now recommended by Rush 25! AWESOME coverage yet washes off with a regular cleanser.

MAC! Hands down! it is worth the expense, you use very little dabs of it all over and buff it into your skin, a bottle of it lasted me 3 months, compared to cheaper products that I would over-use b/c I didn't get the same amount of coverage!!! Good luck!

Deandra

Another vote for Colorstay! :dance:

i haven't found anything else with full coverage that looks natural and is reasonably priced.

I'm liking Clinique Clarifying Makeup right now recommended by Rush 25! AWESOME coverage yet washes off with a regular cleanser.

I love MAC. It covers my skin the best, and it has the best skin matchup color wise. I love it. I used to use Bare Essencuals but it didn't have good color matchup. I looked like I had on a white powder which did not do well for my brown skin tone.