Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I continue to research and try to get answers just like any of you, I believe that one day we WILL find the answer to our problem. I truely believe that our solution is NATURAL rememdies. I really feel that chemicals will make our problems worse. Just My Opinion..

I went to a few websites today.. I found one such as www.blessedherbs.com ..It is important that we continue our mission. You guys are great, and this site acne.org is truely a blessing. I dont know what I would do without it.. Keep the Hope..

Possible Remedies for Internal & External Use

Alpha-Sterol has shown to be effective in eliminating various forms of Dermatitis including Acne, Pimples, Boils, and Blackheads. Most Acne products attempt to work by drying your skin but they are ineffective because clogged pores in your skin cause acne and pimples. "Alpha-Sterol is effective because it helps open the blocked pores releasing the excess oils from your skin. It is called a dermal decongestant. Once the pores are functioning again, as nature intended, acne, pimples, and blackheads disappear." Most people see and feel results within 24 to 72 hours.

Tea Tree Oil A study by the Department of Dermatology at the Royal Hospital in New South Wales found that a 5% solution of Tea Tree Oil applied topically was effective as benzoyl peroxide - the active ingredient in most over the counter acne products. Tea Tree Oil has natural antibiotic and antiseptic qualities.

Dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) a wood byproductmay be applied to acne lesions to reduce inflammation and promote healing. Used regularly it may also help promote healing and reduce scaring from severe cystic acne. Pure DMSO from a health food store should be used. Do not use commercial grade DMSO from a hardware store. DMSO may produce a temporary garlicky body odor. Pure DMSO liquid should be diluted 50% with Tea Tree Oil. Keep out of contact with eyes.

Vitamin B3 - Niacinamide aids in circulation to skin surfaces and helps repair skin conditions.

Herb Combinations of Burdock root, dandelion leaves, milk thistle, red clover, and some other herbs are powerful blood cleansers when taken internally. Blood cleansing and improvements in liver performance clear excess toxins, hormones, and waste from the body. Burdock and dandelion also assist in removing acne causing bacteria.

Chaste Tree Berry (Vitex Agnus Castus) may be taken internally to aid in reducing acne breakouts related to hormonal changes from PMS.

Acidophilus Probiotics help replenish natural good body bacteria to reduce acne outbreaks.

Chromium Picolinate aids in reducing skin infections.

Colloidal Silver is considered a natural antibiotic and may be applied topically and taken internally. It has been shown affective against bacterial and fungal acne.

Essential Fatty Acids such as Flaxseed Oil may be taken internally to help supply the essential gammalinolenic acid needed to keep skin smooth, repair tissue, and dissolve fatty deposits that block pores.

Potassium and Zinc deficiencies have been associated with acne and aid in healing tissue and preventing scaring. Zinc supports healthy tissue repair.

Garlic taken internally improves blood circulation, destroys bacteria, and enhances immune function.

Vitamin A, B Complex, C, D3 are important vitamins that promote healing and tissue repair.

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) may be taken internally to assist cell walls to be more permeable allowing the proper flow of water, nutrients, and the removal of toxins. Not to be used if allergic to sulfur products.