Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
musiclover16

People constantly giving me the same excuse for my dry skin

...."It's the acne treatments drying out your skin"

No, it's fvcking not!

Every doctor I see keeps telling me that the acne treatments are what is drying out my skin but it's completely untrue. To prove the point I decided to use the zinc solution (Latest attempt of clearing the acne) but only on my cheeks (Where most of the acne is situated, I was using the medication all over my face) to see whether my skin was still dry everywhere else once I'd washed and the my skin was still terribly dry. I'm getting fed up with this now...does no one else suffer with this terribly dry skin that doesn't occur even without applying the acne treatment??

Is it to do with compensating oil or something? I just don't understand it, is it part of the hormones? My skin is completely dry once I've washed it but within a couple of hours I'm covered in oil.

Help plz :think:

IMO it's not that it is dry per se....

It is that there's a lot of built up dead skin all over your face because the skin cells are desquamating poorly.

Try using some kind of salicylic wash or ACV toner to remove all the built up dead skin, then use jojoba oil as a moisturizer.

IMO it's not that it is dry per se....

It is that there's a lot of built up dead skin all over your face because the skin cells are desquamating poorly.

Try using some kind of salicylic wash or ACV toner to remove all the built up dead skin, then use jojoba oil as a moisturizer.

No, the skin is dry. Sometimes to the point of which I can't even move my face without cracking my skin. That has nothing to do with dead skin cells, but thanks anyway...

I've always had pretty dry skin with acne, which is an unpleasant combination that gets worse with using acne treatments. My skin gets particularly gross in the winter, since the dry air and wind makes it more chapped looking. I use a combination of moisturizers to deal with this, which you can see in my signature.

Why don't you listen to the doctor?

You'd be amazed at what kind of condition your skin becomes once you stop all of the products.

I've always had pretty dry skin with acne, which is an unpleasant combination that gets worse with using acne treatments. My skin gets particularly gross in the winter, since the dry air and wind makes it more chapped looking. I use a combination of moisturizers to deal with this, which you can see in my signature.

Yeah man I used to have that issue. What cleanser do you use usually? What moisturizers have you tried? I find it usually helps to go nuts with the moisturizer right after washing when your skin is wet. Put some cetaphil on and rub it in deep.