Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AutonomousOne1980

Acne sufferers, do you have any weight problems?

I was wondering how many acne sufferers have excessive weight issues and how many do not, i would like to hear from as many people as possible.

if no just say no

if yes, please give your height and your weight and acne severity.

thank you.

No,

Low bodyfat though, if that counts. Have more muscle than the average joe therefore i am not skinny and have a normal BMI.

I have a fast metabolism i guess.

Maybe it would helpif people stated their bodytypes:

I am ectomorphic. (in the modern sense, not the somatotype [i.e. the correct] sense)

Guest ~Wolfy~

My BMI is about 22. My acne seems to improve when I gain weight (if anything). Mild-moderate acne.

i consume too much fat and don't train enough i gain weight

i train more and eat more fruits + veggies i lose weight

so no weight control problems here, haven't had any problems of that sort once i started heavy training years ago

I was overweight (about 15st), then lost 3 (on purpose by diet last year) down to 12. Acne was mainly cystic and has always been about the same (from 13yrs old when slim to 38yrs) until accutane. Am about 5ft 10.

Yes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I've been eating foods that are nothing but High in Carbs. even though I wasnt eating any sweets at all.

My weight problem is being extremley underweight despite eating non-stop it seems. 6'3" and 145 lbs, not very normal for a guy i dont think.

I'm 5'9 and ~130lbs so I'm underweight. A couple of years ago (~2000-2001) I was like ~200lbs. I lost 70lbs just by a drastic change of my diet (no fast food, dairy, any added sugar, cut a lot of the meat, the oil and all).

I'm physcially active and all, It's just that I have a shitty diet. I only eat 2x a day, and its usually HUGE meals. I skip breakfast too.

Not to mention all the midnight runs to fast food places :wall:

Im kinda surprised how many people are underweight or skinny...

as for me, I haven't really been overweight since I was a bit younger but I definitely need to take care of myself to stay in shape.

Im kinda surprised how many people are underweight or skinny...

as for me, I haven't really been overweight since I was a bit younger but I definitely need to take care of myself to stay in shape.

I wrote a HUGE report on *exactly* why underweight people are more susceptible to acne. Its actually the first report that you get when you sign up to my newsletter.

Its one of the key elements for getting rid of acne.

I wrote a HUGE report on *exactly* why underweight people are more susceptible to acne. Its actually the first report that you get when you sign up to my newsletter.

Its one of the key elements for getting rid of acne.

Nope. BMI 18.5 and I eat all I want (amount wise. I do keep a very strict diet as far as food types are concerned)

No weight problems now or in the past - 5'6" and 115 lbs (168 cm and 52.2 kilos) with low body fat. Healthy diet growing up, no history of risky behavior (never smoked or drank to excess, no drugs, etc.). Family on my father's side tends towards the ectomorphic (toward the end of her life, my grandmother looked like she was made from toothpicks and rubber bands, but she climbed Mt. Fuji at age 80) and on my mother's side tends towards the mesomorphic.

I'm a healthy weight, and always have been. 5'1 and 105 lbs, but I want to lose weight, and even though at one point I was running 30 mins every day and eating only 800 calories a day (I did this for a month) and still didn't lose any weight.