Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Babybop

My low 10mg accutane, every second day diary

Day 4

i have taken my 4th pill yesterday, kinda gettin headaches alot, im dry around my eyes

Im using Dermalogica clay cleanser and Md formulation cleanser with dermalogica active moist

im also takin vitamin C Tabs and also Fish Oils tabs once a day

i have mild acne anyway

my forehead is clear just a red mark or two

have 5 spots on my right side of my face around chin mouth area and the same on the left except with more red marks

I think the red marks are the worst so annoying

Im still using benzol peroxide 5 on the spot areas to try clear them up

Im so determined to get clear skin so hopefully it will kick in real soon

no no no no noooo,

seriouslery!!!

have you read alll the info on the instructions thing that comes with the tablets...????

i bought this product off the internet called exposed.. acne treatment shit... and it had a smal amount of ben.. peroxide in it.. and my face is really red 2 months later still.. and i only use it twice... it wont be so bad for you cause you on a low dose.. but id say it to your pharmacist if i were you..

Hi -

How long will you take Accutane? Are you taking 10 mg daily or every other day? Are you male or female? If female, is your acne more hormonal and occassional or? Mainly on the chin? Will your Derm. up your dose during treatment?

I'm on Accutane now too. I'm suppose to take 10 mg daily, but so far since starting last week 4/27, am taking every other day. Yeah, I'm getting mild headaches shortly after taking the medicine. So far, I notice my lips very slightly dry and my eyes. I also wear contacts so I'm gonna pay close attention there and put drops in often. I have mild acne (more hormonal) which I get on the chin and sometimes the outer corners of my nose. I also have mild Rosacea (pink cheeks and nose) so I'm taking low dose as not to fry my face. Worry about the side effects though and if low dose will really cure the problem. May have to take longer than six months since such low dose.

Good luck and talk to ya soon.

Yvette

Day 4

i have taken my 4th pill yesterday, kinda gettin headaches alot, im dry around my eyes

Im using Dermalogica clay cleanser and Md formulation cleanser with dermalogica active moist

im also takin vitamin C Tabs and also Fish Oils tabs once a day

i have mild acne anyway

my forehead is clear just a red mark or two

have 5 spots on my right side of my face around chin mouth area and the same on the left except with more red marks

I think the red marks are the worst so annoying

Im still using benzol peroxide 5 on the spot areas to try clear them up

Im so determined to get clear skin so hopefully it will kick in real soon

Day5

My face is looking ok today,

only 6 active spots on my face, and some healing, hope i dont get an IB, im on a low dose so maybe i wont , hope to god, have an interview for a new job on sat so hope my skin looks good on that day, lips are fine, just around my eyes are a bit dry, have a headache at the moment, god i nearly get one every day--- is that normal??

oh yvette, im male but my derm says mine is hormonal, im takin 10 mg every other day so its basicly 5mg a day really, thats quite low aint it

How long do you plan on taking low dose? Will you/your Derm. increase it later on? Do you have Rosacea or another skin condition that warrants a low dose (so as not to inflame or flare it)? You must have a nice Derm. - heard it's uncommon for us to get such low doses!

Thanks and talk to you soon.

Yvette

oh yvette, im male but my derm says mine is hormonal, im takin 10 mg every other day so its basicly 5mg a day really, thats quite low aint it

Day 6

Got really bad headache last nite, oh it was horrible

i have about 10 active spots on my face mostly around mouth area, they seem to be more active today for some reason, my skin is tiny bit dry but its all good,

have interview tomo so hope it goes well and my skin doesnt look horrible for it