Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RoxyHart

Anyone else a geisha face?

I hate it. I'm a geisha face.

You know what I mean............when you have a face/neck that is 5x whiter than the rest of your body? Uh-huh. Thats me.

I'm naturally fair olive with yellow undertones, (my spainish heritage!) but my face is WHITE WHITE WHITE with pink! I feel like I have someone else's facial skin on my body.

I hate it because no matter how closely I match my make-up to my face and blend it into my neck, my shoulders and arms etc. are so dark compared to my face! I look like a geisha! :(

Anyone else have this problem?

I am the other way around, PALE PALE PALE yellow body and a pink, dark, inflamed face. That is the reason I can never find a foundation pale and yellow enough, so that my face matches my body/neck and isn't darker.

You know what I mean............when you have a face/neck that is 5x whiter than the rest of your body? Uh-huh. Thats me.

I'm naturally fair olive with yellow undertones, (my spainish heritage!) but my face is WHITE WHITE WHITE with pink! I feel like I have someone else's facial skin on my body.

I hate it because no matter how closely I match my make-up to my face and blend it into my neck, my shoulders and arms etc. are so dark compared to my face! I look like a geisha! :(

self tanner baby

Hey we have really similar coloring, except that I'm blond.....

My mother is Brazilian and my dad is Russian.......so I have my mom's olive/yellow undertones, but I'm pretty fair skinned, and somehow my face has my dad's pinkness.....but my neck and the rest of my body are fair olive with yellow undertones.....

So I tend to go with a yellow based foundation, usually a light shade (like Buff), and in the summer I wear a medium yellow shade....sometimes I mix them if I'm in between. It's ok to out it on your neck too, and maybe add a little sheer bronzer to your face (on places where you'd get tan first....like your cheeks, nose and forehead).......

I am the other way around, PALE PALE PALE yellow body and a pink, dark, inflamed face. That is the reason I can never find a foundation pale and yellow enough, so that my face matches my body/neck and isn't darker.

:lol: Same here!! I hate it :( I really just feel like bleaching my face white at this moment...

I'm pale olive with a lot of yellow in my skin (half Latin: Spanish & Italian) and my face tends to be a bit more flushed & lighter than the rest of me. I actually think it is lighter because I always wear makeup w/spf on my face so it doesn't get much sun like my arms do. My arms, neck & chest look a little darker & more olive.

I match makeup to my neck, so it is slightly darker than my face & brings out the olive tones; that way I don't end up with a pale face or a flushed looking face in comparison to the rest of me. It's not a huge difference though. Without makeup I don't really look unmatched, but if I match makeup to like my cheek I'll end up with a different color face.

Maybe try a neutral color that is a shade darker than your face to bring it closer to your body's skin tone. Use a light bronzer across cheeks, nose bridge, forehead & chin to warm up your face. That's my trick when I am feeling pale & want to look like I got some sun on my face & not just my body.

Don't worry if your face isn't a perfect match either. If you study many people their face is a bit lighter because the sun tends to hit their shoulders & chest, & women especially wear makeup & sun block that keeps their face pale.

my face is waaaaaaaay darker than my body.

its weird. i think its cuz i have olive skin that turns really pale in the dark and really tan in the sun :shrug:

so since my face gets sun, it turns tan. i wear a lighter foundation to try and minimize contrast.

to people who have pinkness issues: have you ever tried green concealer?

sounds weird, but it works like a charm. dilute it with moisturizer if you want to apply 2 a large area

I'm about 90% Scottish so I'm extremely pale with black hair and light blue eyes. I have trouble finding foundation light enough to match my neck. I always match to the neck not the face. I wanna match from the shoulders up. It's also hard to find a good base to match my cool complexion without making me look like the pink panther.

My dad is 100% Native American. My mom is 100% Caucasian. She had triplets and then twins (I'm a twin). Ya'll should see the mixed up bunch we are! I got my dad's brown eyes but my skin is very fair with both pink and yellow undertones so it's hard to find a good makeup match. I usually have to go with a yellow base and add blush/bronzer to areas the sun naturally hits like others have suggested. I have mild acne too and my skin shows EvErY tiny red mark so that's another problem-- I want coverage that looks natural but it's so hard! Mineral makeup does not agree with my skin either....tried several of those yuck.

My face is pink and my body is very pale. I think it's because I have some Dutch blood in me.

:dry: I got a very pale body with yellow undertones.. and like ben... a pink face, but for me, its very very inflammed :(.. so I have to find a pale foundation just to match the rest of my body.

I'm pretty even throughout... except red, inflamed patches on face. I think it helps to wear suncreen on your arms and legs and neck if they are often exposed to the sun. Prevents wrinkles from forming prematurely.