Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lox45

Brownish skin patches

So it's been ONLY several days to a week that the skin in these places has started healing, and now there seems to be a very thin layer of brownish-tinted skin in the healing trouble spots, like a very thin scab... The skin is less elastic and soft than everywhere else, too, which further leads me to believe it's like a thin scab.

What do you think this might be? Assuming it's a scab, it should dry up and peel away eventually, revealing normal skin underneath.. how long should that take? Will sunbathing help dry it up?

yeah it's a scab. I have one from a healing pimple right now. They usually heal in about 2 weeks. I would just apply moisturizer over them, and possibly neosporin at night to make them heal faster. Also, stay out of the sun or apply sunscreen at least- because the sun will make your skin heal a lot slower. Hope this helps!

yeah it's a scab. I have one from a healing pimple right now. They usually heal in about 2 weeks. I would just apply moisturizer over them, and possibly neosporin at night to make them heal faster. Also, stay out of the sun or apply sunscreen at least- because the sun will make your skin heal a lot slower. Hope this helps!

Yes, that does help. Knowing it's a scab makes me feel better, since that means it'll go away faster than a red mark.

But would using Apple Cider Vinegar help at all?