Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josh8

DAN'S GEL - BENZAC AC 2.5%

Hey guys has anyone gone from Dan’s BP to Benzac 2.5? Did it break you out?

I’ve run out of Dan’s and whilst I’m waiting for the new batch to arrive I had to buy Benzac AC 2.5%, have to use it tonight so just wondering what the consequences will be!?

CHEERS! :cool:

I know – its insane the price! $15.00 for a 50 gram tub! I hate the way it clumps too when you apply it, it dries before you have the chance to smear it in! :mad:

Hopefully Dan’s Gel will arrive within the next 7 days so I don’t have to buy another one. I cant believe Dan’s Gel is around $10.00 for a two week or more supply, and this Benzac rubbish is $15.00 for what’s probably gonna last me 6 days - and if it breaks me out big time I'm gonna be pissed...because I'm just starting to make progress! :rolleyes:

i thought benzac was good besides the price. interesting. well good luck with dans gel

Nobody can predict what will happen when you change products. Some people do report a small breakout when switching products, and I'm not talking just like store BP to Dan's BP, I'm talking face washes, moisturizers, sunscreens, you name it. Some of these breakouts have to be due to coincidence, I mean, if breaking out was uncommon for you, then you probably wouldn't be using acne treatments, you know? But I think that most people can switch products without problems unless the ones they change to are irritating or have comedogenic ingredients. I imagine your transition will be fine, but if you do break out, don't be discouraged, breakouts still happen but hopefully the longer you do the regimen the less frequent and less severe they become. I still break out a little from time to time, but even when I'm broken out now, my skin is still so much better than it was a few years ago that I just remind myself of how much more confident I feel, how minor this is, and I don't let it get to me. Try to keep a positive attitude about all this, and with any luck, you won't have to deal with a temporary product change related breakout.

i have the 10% one and the only thing I don't like about it is that it dries way to fast and leaves some whitish marks on your skin. I used it since my dermatologist prescribed it so I can't complain but I prefer a BP I bought for just $2.00

It's a replacement medicine (don't know how to tell it in English) so the price is way lower but it does the same effects.