Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaY8704

ppl that took accutane in the past read this

Ok, I am seeing my derm may 9th I'm ready to tell him I want accutane but first I need to know if there is any people in this forum that took it and already had dry skin before accutane? If so how was ur skin while on it? Because if my acne is caused by dry skin, I would break out horribly.. I need people to tell me if I should still go or not. Thank you ppl! :dance:

accutane will make your skin super dry regardless of how it is when you started. dry skin is not what causes acne, i had combination skin when i started.

ok thanks, I guess I am ready to start! the only thing that pisses me off is that summer is coming :doubt:

Heya...

Yup yup super super dry... flaky dry!! i think dead skin cell is one of the ingredient to make pimples... tell me if im wrong...

well, the cells don't cause acne, it is the improper shedding of cells and clogging of pores, which accutane prevents.

as well as an over-productive sebaceous gland and p-acnes bacteria.

weird...my skin (on my face) never got dry on accutane...on the contrary where before it had been flaky and gross but oily at the same time, on accutane it was just normal.

Thanks mate...

All of this activities.. can really happen overnight?? damn thats crazy!!

freedom u have been on accutane 5 times??i have been on it 3 times thinking of going for a 4th course as my skin is oily and acne is active again

weird...my skin (on my face) never got dry on accutane...on the contrary where before it had been flaky and gross but oily at the same time, on accutane it was just normal.