Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sounds different when I'm talking to new people, compared to what I know it sounds like in my mind and when I'm speaking to people I'm comfortable with. It's deeper and more muffled, like I'm talking with a mask over my mouth, hence my voice dosn't project as much.

I'm thinking it's because of all the years of not using my voicebox much. I used to sometimes go days without say a word to anyone.

Anyone else have this or can offer any advice.

I sound different between my mom, friends, other family, & dad. I think I feel most comfortable around my mom & friends so my voice is more "varied". When I talk to my dad I'm more monotone because I'm not close to him.

& my voice sounds wayyyyyy different on my voicemail & when I listen to recordings & such than I hear my voice everyday. It's scary.

The only time my voice sounds different (other than hearing a recorded version of it) is when I'm answering the phone at work. My phone voice is a bit more cheerful and higher-pitched, I try to sound as nice as possible.

It's normal. A person's vocal pitch during a conversation ascends and descends frequently, depending upon irate, happy or indifferent inflections in the voice.

So, if you are happy or nervous, your voice might rise a bit, and become squeaky. Vice versa.