Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AutonomousOne1980

how was your diet when you were growing up?

I was wondering what peoples diets were like while you were growing up and whether or not you think it led to your development of acne.

here are some questions to consider asking yourself.

did you eat cereal and milk for breakfast?

were you allowed to drink soda?or juice?

how often were you allowed to have snacks like candy and cookies?

Were there ever any regulations and restrictions to this food in your household?

how strict were the restrictions?

I ate only instant noodles/foods (during my childhood, no one in my family cooked) for 10 years of my life, so I'm almost certain that it has affected my current body. :-(

Lots of meat and crap... I used to eat ramen noodles at least once every day. Sometimes 2-3x daily.

Good grief.

When i was in europe we had a cook and she made good breakfasts dinners and what not but once i came to the states and was introduced to all this junk food/ fast food really messed my skin up. Now im trying to eat as healthy as possible.

my mom was really strict about not letting us eat junk food or drink soda, we could have juice though.

i find it amusing how everyone justifies that "hormones flaring" causes the onset of acne for the first time when people reach their teens

except this happens to coincide with these other things

- more junk food intake

- more junk drink intake

- crappier sleep

- more irregular sleep patterns

Grew up with an extremely strict diet, very healthy. These days, I'm the last child at home, I only live with my mom, she's pretty easy about things. The way I was raised though gave me a zero tolerance now to very greasy foods, or not eating something good for a few days, I just get really sick. If anything it helps with my acne that I eat healthy simply because it agrees with me better :P

Edit: to clarify, by strict I mean, no sweets, cookies, chips, nothing like that at all

I remember once I tried to sneak a piece of candy, my god I'll never forget that day :rolleyes:

I used to eat complete crap growing up. Although I never really had acne until I turned 17. I still don't think it is the normal puberty acne because I was not a late bloomer (started shaving in 6th grade).

I do think that my acne has a lot to do with the food I ate. When I got to be around 16 my family just ate complete crap. We had fast food and takeout every night of the week, and I ate tons of sweets and deep-fried food.

Before my teenage years I still ate pretty crappy though, tons of soda and sweets and fried foods, but not as much fast food.

Absolutely horrible. I barely ate anything, and when i did it was junk. I remember always making koolaid with more sugar than water.

I'm eating restaurant 5days per week lol and it was like that when i was young too my parents were never at home or almost never.. so they were giving me cash to order a pizza or something.. and no I don't think it led to the current acne I have because I know what caused my acne(I took some pills that were giving hormones), I just can't get rid of it..

me and my sister ate the basically same diet when we grew up

my sister has a perfect skin but i dont

My diet was so bad but i must admit so damn tasty.

I would eat 2-3 processed meat pies each day, a fair few lollies, alot of cheese, alot of milkshakes, macdonalds quite frequently... come to think i probably ate food which didnt cause acne maybe once a month lol.

Because I've always been underweight and was a fussy eater my parents were happy to see me eat anything. Therefore I ate a ton of junk food, soda, etc. and yeah breakfasts were heavy on grains and sugary cereals.

It was complete shit, especially through a crucial time in my life: through the teen years when I should have eaten properly. Garbage for breakfast lunch and snacks. I bet it really did add to the detriment of it all.

When I was a child I ate fine, but when I got into my teens from 15-18 my meals consisted of: nothing for breakfast, and wonder bar (chocolate bar) for lunch or McDonald's and for dinner, it was okay if my mom was making something but when I had my boyfriend of two years we would go get McDOnalds any chance we could... my diet was litterally MCDONALDS ALL THE TIME... I'm suprised I didnt have like liver failure or something LOL... I wonder if this diet contributed to my acne???

lots of shitty foods, it diddnt help that a mcdonalds were a couple of blocks away from my house. And all these places to eat are within 1 min of walking distance.

I ate a lot of dairy products as well.

Mine was absolutely horrible, all fast food, lots of sweets, soda, sugar filled drinks, NO veggies or fruits, lots of processed meats, Oh my gosh horrible!

Mine was out of hand. I use to eat entire bags of buble gum swallowing the gum lol. Also i remember when i got about 13 or so and got my firts job, i was the happiest kid alive cause now i could afford to eat what i wanted. My friends and I would go to the store and buy the entire junk food section lol. Funny thing was i remeber when i was younger like 7-11 i ate junk and never got acne so its certainly rooted to hormomes. Food effects horomes as well as sexual activity.

Mine was okay for America's standards. But nothing great. I definitely lacked omega 3, and the lack of that early in the life (prenatal through age 2) was likely a contributor to my ADD. While I didn't drink much soda, I had too much juice (apple which is worthless), kool aide, shitty snack foods, and ice cream.

But I showed an interest in health at an early age. I ate salads, which looking back probably weren't that healthy. But most notably was when I was 12, I was borderline obese at 110 lbs (forget height). I lost 15 lbs in 1 month by walking 6 miles a day.

take the worse possible answer for each of those original questions and thats me

thats funny!

pretty much the same for me except that my mom always cooked a good healthy dinner well at least 5 days out of the week.

but besides that one meal i drank at least one soda and up to five a day and at least six cookies or more among other things,peanut butter and jelly everday after school and sugary cereal every morning.

i was only slightly overweight at the age of 10-12 during the winter months that i wasnt out riding my bike. but if was warm out id ride my bike at least an hour and up to 8 hours all day long which probably was great for my health and kept me from gaining weight because i burned up all that sugar id eat.

take the worse possible answer for each of those original questions and thats me

thats funny!

pretty much the same for me except that my mom always cooked a good healthy dinner well at least 5 days out of the week.

but besides that one meal i drank at least one soda and up to five a day and at least six cookies or more among other things,peanut butter and jelly everday after school and sugary cereal every morning.

i was only slightly overweight at the age of 10-12 during the winter months that i wasnt out riding my bike. but if was warm out id ride my bike at least an hour and up to 8 hours all day long which probably was great for my health and kept me from gaining weight because i burned up all that sugar id eat.