Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
penguin79

If you had to chose, Duac or Benzaclin?

Hi

Been a long time lurker, finally posting!!!

Here is my question. I have been on Retin A Micro 1% since January. Currently, I am still experiencing mild breakouts so my GP prescribed me Benzaclin to go along with it.

1) If you had the choice, would you chose Benzaclin or Duac?

PS. Benzaclin is much more expensive than Duac on my insurance. I have been reading past posts that Benzaclin is "fresher" than Duac, but its $40 more! Whats your opinion?

it's basically the same, i think duac you are supposed to use once a day and benzaclin you are supposed to use twice a day.

The ONLY difference...and i can say this because i was a loyal Benzaclin fan for 6+ months...is basically...Duac and Benzaclin are exactly the same, except in SLIGHTLY different forms.

Duac is more water-ish...so it's a lot easier to spread over skin....while Benzaclin is a lot more of a "Gelish" type .....

They've got the same exact stuff in them...some people just prefer one over the other for insignificant reasons...doesn't matter which one you get...it'll work good.

For reference...i'm using Duac now...i find it a lot easier to apply...and it just seems to work good for me..i might go back to Benzaclin though...simply because of the fact that it's $15 dollars cheaper than Duac...

Isn't it also true that Benzaclin "lasts longer"? I know with Duac, which I use and enjoy, should be thrown out after two months... but I've heard you don't have to do that with Benzaclin. If this is true, then you might want to consider one lasts longer...

either lol, there both the same really.

tho i thing benzaclin is slightly easier to apply and you cant feel it as much on your skin (not as thick on your skin)

both the same in constituents, 5% BP + 1% Clindamycin

Thanks for everybody's replies. I decided to switch from Benzaclin to Duac. Mainly, because it is easier on my pocketbook and I use the BP/Clin combo for spot treatment.

For me, BenzaClin made my skin feel like it was on fire, along with severe itch, and flaky skin. I looked like a giant cherry but it helped cut the breakouts down to almost none. Then as I grew more tolerant and the redness, itch, etc subsided, the breakouts came back, and it didn't matter how much benzaclin I loaded on, it never did jack.

So I quit using it along with differin and switched to tazorac.