Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agape

Is it too late?

:naughty: I know I've done everything I shouldn't...picked, scrubbed and dried my skin out. Now I'm headed to the dermatologist tomorrow and am afraid he is going to say..."oh my gosh, you've ruined your skin/face and there is no hope"! Do you think there will still be hope for me? I just want to be normal again and the sooner the better.

It's amazing what people can heal from - the regenerative power of the human body is incomparable! Good luck at the dermatologist - I hope he/she will give you excellent information (and a good bit of hope).

i agree with dlt80, the skin is amazing at healing itself...thankfully! or i think we'd all be in a bit of a mess by now. it might take time so dont get discrouraged but with a few decent products and some patience im sure yr skin will get sorted! good luck

Ive never heard of a dermatologist telling a client there is no hope for them. Dont leave the office until you feel you understand everything. Dont be afraid to ask questions! Youll be fine ;)

Ive never heard of a dermatologist telling a client there is no hope for them. Dont leave the office until you feel you understand everything. Dont be afraid to ask questions! Youll be fine ;)

Saw the dermatologist today. I always feel I need to say more than they give me time to do so. He bascially wanted to talk about expensive cosmetic treatments, that are not covered by insurance. However, he did write me out some prescriptions for Minocycline & Predinisone. Also a very expensive gel called Duac Gel. I am to go back in three weeks for a follow up visit. Has anyone on here been prescribed these meds and if so, what were your results. I'm hoping to be better soon, because this is really depressing me!

short of maybe peeling off layers of skin and then screwing it up with mousse, I really don't think that there isn't something that can't be done. I've pretty much screwed up my face totally, and the accutane is slowly but surely making it all better now.

how bad did you "ruin" your face? pix maybe?

I mean, those indentations, can be fixed eventually, and allergic reactions to whatever you used can be fixed in time....even laser treatment works pretty good, though I don't really think it did much for me. :) but there's medicine out there for basically any & every case....

i've been on the mino before... twice actually. The soldyn people noticed the most improvement--but I had to stop treatment each time...

let us know if its working for you though!

Good luck in fixing the damage! We're all in the same boat together:)

I hope he can advise you on a course of treatment, but be cautious. Acne scars are notoriously hard to treat and many derms/surgeons will try to sell you expensive treatments that don't work.

:naughty: I know I've done everything I shouldn't...picked, scrubbed and dried my skin out. Now I'm headed to the dermatologist tomorrow and am afraid he is going to say..."oh my gosh, you've ruined your skin/face and there is no hope"! Do you think there will still be hope for me? I just want to be normal again and the sooner the better.

There is ALWAYS hope! I wish I could post some pictures of what I looked like three months ago and what I look like now.