Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m1n1

Mission: Say Good Bye to Acne

COULD A MODERATOR MOVE MY TOPIC? I DON'T USE RETONOIDS ANYMORE

Updates

May 5, 2007

• Decided to go back on minocycline to clear up my pimples a little faster for prom.
  • Stopped taking flaxseed oil.
Note: As of now, the pimples that I've had are pretty much flattened!! Just need to fix my other skin problems.

Cleansing Routine

Day

Jason Tea Tree Gentle Cleanser

• Very gentle
  • Use 2-3 times a week, switch with DRK's cleanser
  • Contains tea tree oil, organic olive oil, aloe, lavender
  • Controls oil very well
DRK's Treatment
  • 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
  • Use 1 bump on my whole face
DRK's Moisturizer
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Use half a bump on my whole face
  • Mix 2 drops of DRK's Jojoba Oil
Night

Home-made Olive Oil Scrub

• Olive oil helps with dry skin from BP
  • Honey treats acne
  • Sugar exfoliates the dead skin
DRK's Treatment
  • 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
  • Use 1 bump on my whole face
DRK's AHA+
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Use it as a moisturizer/treatment

Supplements

• (1) Zinc - 50 mg
  • (1) Vitamin E - 400 IU
  • (1) Caltrate (Vitamin D - 400 IU, Calcium - 600 mg)
  • (4) Fish Oil (EPA - 180 mg, DHA -120 mg)
  • (1) Super B-Complex w/ Vitamin C*
With Super B-Complex w/ Vitamin C, it has:
  • Vitamin C - 150 mg
  • Thiamin - 100 mg
  • Riboflavin - 20 mg
  • Niacin - 25 mg
  • Vitamin B6 - 2 mg
  • Folic Acid - 400 mcg
  • Vitamin B12 - 15 mcg
  • Biotin - 30 mcg
  • Pantothenic Acid - 5.5 mg
Note: I decided to go back on tetracycline, and I've been taking it since October 2008.

Good luck to u too.

Ur skin is so similar to mine.

I agreed with ur diet!

Good luck to u too.

Ur skin is so similar to mine.

I agreed with ur diet!

Oh man, it's kind of scary how our skin is so similar. Maybe we should exchange information and see what works for us so we can clear our stupid red marks faster. :idea:

Yeah, I'm trying to eat a lot healthier, eliminating all the junk food I normally or used to eat.

I hope it works!

Do u still have pimples?

I see scars, sorry!

BTW, I don't recommend the salicylic acid. It is too harsh.

OK....

I remember how I got clear.

I used tea tree oil, an alternative for bp & salicylic acid.

It was good.

Then, I changed my diet...stopped drinking milk, and also stopped all the products for pimples (including the tea tree oil, cleanser & moisturiser). Guess what, I got clear since then...hehe!

So, diet cleared me up.

Good luck to u too.

What do u plan to do for ur indented scar?

I used tea tree oil, an alternative for bp & salicylic acid.

It was good.

Then, I changed my diet...stopped drinking milk, and also stopped all the products for pimples (including the tea tree oil, cleanser & moisturiser). Guess what, I got clear since then...hehe!

So, diet cleared me up.

hey mini! :D lol at your thread title! :lol:

you mentioned you have 4-5 cysts. are most of your cysts on the area above the upper lip? coz if they are then you might want to look into the nature of perioral dermatitis.

your regimen seems great! good luck with it! :dance:

P.S. did you attach those pics or did you use the [ i m g ] tags? coz these tags dont work for me

hey mini! :D lol at your thread title! :lol:

you mentioned you have 4-5 cysts. are most of your cysts on the area above the upper lip? coz if they are then you might want to look into the nature of perioral dermatitis.

your regimen seems great! good luck with it! :dance:

P.S. did you attach those pics or did you use the [ i m g ] tags? coz these tags dont work for me

Quick Update

I noticed my current pimples are like exploding randomly themselves, and there are icky scabs over them. Ugh, why?!

I hate pimples. :wall::wall:

Picture 1

Overall, my skin doesn't look that badly on pictures except for those two cysts above my upper lip.

Picture 2

With closer inspection, you can notice the indented scars on my right (the left) cheek along with some red and brown marks. Argh!

Picture 3

My forehead is pretty much clear and smooth. Just a few scars again, especially that noticeable one between my eyebrows. Hopefully after I get cleared up, some peels will help reduce their visibility. :pray:

Picture 4

This is my right cheek. You can see that pimple near my eyebrow. It's relatively flat compared to how inflamed it was four days ago. This is the side with the most scars. :(

Picture 5

Here's my left cheek. It's pretty much my better side. A few red marks and brown marks and no really visible scars.

PS: I took these pictures during the middle of the day, so my face is extremely gross and oily. I can't survive without washing it three times, but Dan said that washing it more than twice a day irritates the skin. Is that true?

i can't avoid washing more than twice when my skin is extremely oily.

btw, have you tried doing the hot water dip? when my skin is oily, doing it helps make it dry. when my skin is dry, it makes my skin less dry. :confused:

btw, have you tried doing the hot water dip? when my skin is oily, doing it helps make it dry. when my skin is dry, it makes my skin less dry. :confused:

So do you just wash your face with just water when it's oily or do you actually use cleansers?

:think: Oh no, I haven't. I don't really have clean bowls to do the dip with.

PS: I just woke up today and my pimples are pretty much all gone. Yay!! :dance:

Argh! I have white heads popping up. This is not cool.

On a more positive note, I started to take fish oil capsules and Vitamin E. I also started to put aloe vera on my face when I'm not using the Refining Mask and using tea tree oil at night.

Question: Does anyone know if I should leave the aloe vera on or wash it off and then use the tea tree oil? Or should I use the tea tree oil first then the aloe vera and leave it on? :think:

On a more positive note, I started to take fish oil capsules and Vitamin E. I also started to put aloe vera on my face when I'm not using the Refining Mask and using tea tree oil at night.

Question: Does anyone know if I should leave the aloe vera on or wash it off and then use the tea tree oil? Or should I use the tea tree oil first then the aloe vera and leave it on? :think:

Looking at ur pics, I don't think u need TTO.

Anyway, I would choose option 2.

Hurm, this may be the lighting, but look at this picture:

Picture 1

This is the delicious skin I want to achieve, of course without that little pimple on the side. :pray:

I have a new pimple on the upper right side of my face. It's hidden by my bangs though, but it's red and big.

Argh. :wall:

Well, I'm still relatively clear with a few small pimples above my upper lip. Two days ago, I felt a relatively new big pimple on the side when I was showering. I think it's going away slowly. And the pimple on the upper right side of my face has flattened.

My red marks are slowly fading, but they're not as red or as noticeable as before. The tea tree oil really helps the redness in my face; I thought it was going to break me out before, but it's working! :dance:

I'm still dealing with the extreme oiliness in the middle of the day. These oil absorbing sheets I got a week ago really help, but I rather wash my face with plain water sometimes.

This week has been pretty stressful with AP exams. However, I'm pretty proud of myself that I'm not staying up extra late to study like I did in the past year. :D

Note: New pictures soon; if I can find my brother's digital camera that is.