Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

This is crazy..........

I was watching House (LOVE this show) and it was about how this guy on a plane got some weird disease, or so they thought, and then as soon as House intitally diagnosed it as a contagious disease, other people on the plane started showin symptoms, SEVERE symptoms... anyway in the end they guy actually wasnt suffering from a contagious disease, there was just something wrong with his body... anyway, these people were so afraid of getting the disease their bodies actually developed symptoms of what they thought was the disease... Is it really possible for this to happen?? I mean, I know people say "you're goin to worry your self sick", but is there actually truth to this?? Can you think yourself sick??? Can your mind casue your body to develope= symptoms if there is actually nothign wrong with you?

I was watching House (LOVE this show) and it was about how this guy on a plane got some weird disease, or so they thought, and then as soon as House intitally diagnosed it as a contagious disease, other people on the plane started showin symptoms, SEVERE symptoms... anyway in the end they guy actually wasnt suffering from a contagious disease, there was just something wrong with his body... anyway, these people were so afraid of getting the disease their bodies actually developed symptoms of what they thought was the disease... Is it really possible for this to happen?? I mean, I know people say "you're goin to worry your self sick", but is there actually truth to this?? Can you think yourself sick??? Can your mind casue your body to develope= symptoms if there is actually nothign wrong with you?

House is about to take over your brain!! No its not possible. The only thing your body will do is panic and worry. ;)

I can see making yourself puke or giving yourself pains, but a rash????

I love House. Did you see the one with the pregnant photographer??

the minds of most people is nowhere near strong enough mentally to affect matter in any way

unless you are trying to refer this to acne by saying that inflammation stress can provoke it and you would be right

Yes.... it is possible to drive yourself to sickness by believing you have serious health problems...

...and.... it is also possible to make yourself better by believing you're better or believing in a therapy (this is known as the placebo effect)

i dont know a thing about psychology or whatever... but i know some health

but i think that if you worry yourself a lot you are stressin out

so stress can contribute to other illnesses and stuff...

I can see making yourself puke or giving yourself pains, but a rash????

I love House. Did you see the one with the pregnant photographer??

i kinda think there is some verity to this.......how many times have you skived school/college/uni and played sick...you have a tummy ache, you feel sick, ow my leg hurts i can't do P.E. today...and then only to find yourself actually realising omg you really do have a tummyache/headache/whatever now? like, you've forced yourslef to act and think sick so you are believed by people that even though logic tells you you're not, your subconscious has actualy manifested itself physically...like, made you sick? everything is controlled by your brain (albeit diff sides) you control your thoughts with the same thing you control all the little cells in your body that tell them to fight bacteria or convert this into that....

haha maybe this skiving thing has only ever happened to me and you're all looking at me like some crazy girl?

x

oh definitely.

im a hypercondriac. i kind of self-diagnose too much and worry WAY too much at times. Since i know the symptoms for all freakin medical emergencies, whenver I experience one of them, I panic and somehow develop more, but Im not actually having that medical emergency.

For example, a few months ago I seriously thought i was having a heart attack and going to die. I woke up in the middle of the night with an intense pain in the middle of my chest. I thought this is it. I was too scared to fall asleep again coz i thort I would die. Somehow I did fall asleep, and when I woke up the next morning and took my first breath I was so, so glad to be alive. We take life for granted sometimes.

I get nausea now and then when I actually think about nausea, weird hey.