Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happyfeet

*unsure about dianette*

Its now the first of may and i have horrible scaring from acne and i get new spots everyday. Im going on holiday in July and at the moment i am scared about going as i have acne on my face, chest, back, arms and bum. So will dianette help? i've read some of the posts and im tempted to try it although im worried about feeling depressed etc. I also have greasy skin so i have an understanding that this would also help tackle this? and wait it doesnt stop there, i am quite hairy but not like a man, like a mustache which i wax and i cant wear my hair up anymore as i am too self concious about my 'sideburns' and the hair across my cheeks. I have dark hair so its noticable. I did used to bleach my facial hair but that just irritated my acne, so it sounds as though it would also help there. But the most important thing to me is the acne, as i cant bare to even try a bikini on at the moment. Im aged 18 and i used to be confident but now im really selfconcious and not half the person i used to be, none of my friends know that i have acne on my back as i have always managed to cover it up by always wearing tops with backs - i have never worn a strappy top!! i also cover it with makeup just incase they were to see any of my scars as they all have flawless skin. i hate swimming because of it, whereas before i loved to swim.

Please help as i am unsure about what to do about my holiday. Also if i was to go on dianette would it help me before july? thankyou

Its now the first of may and i have horrible scaring from acne and i get new spots everyday. Im going on holiday in July and at the moment i am scared about going as i have acne on my face, chest, back, arms and bum. So will dianette help? i've read some of the posts and im tempted to try it although im worried about feeling depressed etc. I also have greasy skin so i have an understanding that this would also help tackle this? and wait it doesnt stop there, i am quite hairy but not like a man, like a mustache which i wax and i cant wear my hair up anymore as i am too self concious about my 'sideburns' and the hair across my cheeks. I have dark hair so its noticable. I did used to bleach my facial hair but that just irritated my acne, so it sounds as though it would also help there. But the most important thing to me is the acne, as i cant bare to even try a bikini on at the moment. Im aged 18 and i used to be confident but now im really selfconcious and not half the person i used to be, none of my friends know that i have acne on my back as i have always managed to cover it up by always wearing tops with backs - i have never worn a strappy top!! i also cover it with makeup just incase they were to see any of my scars as they all have flawless skin. i hate swimming because of it, whereas before i loved to swim.

Please help as i am unsure about what to do about my holiday. Also if i was to go on dianette would it help me before july? thankyou

I would definitely give it a go - and quick!! It is the only medication which works for me. I think that if you start it asap then you could start to be clear for your holiday. I can see results after 3 weeks sometimes when I resume it after a break. Even if it doesn't totally clear you before you go away it will at least start the process off and increase your body confidence!!