Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

tell me your clear skin memories

When you close your mind, tell me some memories that come back from a time when you had clear skin.

I remember being roughly 7 years old. Summer was coming, and not a day sooner. We had our last day of school: field day. We just ran under the sun through grass on the soccer field without any shoes, not a worry in the world but what type of ice cream the school would feed us and the type of games we'd play. It was bright, warm and muggy. But it was nothing because we were playing with water the whole day in field day-esque games. Just us and our friends, running and playing and waiting to go home to watch power rangers and the whole afternoon cartoon block right before the weekend.

After going home, we waited till 5 till dad came home and we'd go swimming, I'd cannon ball into the deep end and learn to swim. My face was always clear, completely mark free. I was a handsome kid, everyone always said so.

Not anymore, and that was the last time I remember going swimming.

What about you?

I cant really remember....ive had acne since I was like 10 and im almost 17 now. I mean sure I can remember stuff from the past, but nothing significant to being clear. I can remember being young though and not being self conscious about it.

BTW, "bright, warm and muggy" yeah that sounds like Houston.

I remember being about 10-11, just waking up & getting dressed, a splash of water on my face to get the sleep out of my eyes, fix my hair...and then I was off! I never had to worry about layering my face with makeup to look presentable. My friends would spend the night & I had no worries about being seen in the morning or whatever. My skin was smooth & poreless. Then puberty hit, my pores got huge, my skin got greasy, & acne started to creep over my face...

I was newly out of nursing school and working in a dr's office; I think I was 21. I rarely wore foundation and someone commented on me having flawless skin and couldn't believe I didn't wear make-up. Ahhh, the good ol days :(

I was a handsome kid

The summer when I was 14 I spent a few days at my grandparents' place near Sacto. I remember it was about 105 degrees F in the shade (!!!) so my brother, cousins, and I spent the whole day in or by the pool in their backyard. I didn't wear makeup then, and my skin was flawless. The only thing I worried about was getting a sunburn. That is also the last time I've swam in a pool.

The summer when I was 14 I spent a few days at my grandparents' place near Sacto. I remember it was about 105 degrees F in the shade (!!!) so my brother, cousins, and I spent the whole day in or by the pool in their backyard. I didn't wear makeup then, and my skin was flawless. The only thing I worried about was getting a sunburn. That is also the last time I've swam in a pool.

I just basically remember being a young teenager and never worrying about my skin..a very liberating feeling...

now, even though i'm clear again i worry all the time..like d day is fast approaching and i'll once again be zit faced. :\

Your so pretty you make the sun sweat.

Lame I know.

But seriously, get back out there. If you can, start swimming in a beach. I know that last summer, I would swim in the beach all the time, and it mos def. helped my skin out.

I remember eating watever I wanted, going out in the sun, and having alot of friends. Now, if I go to a fast food restaurant, people think Im stupid because Im eating greasy food, which in turn, will lead to more oily skin [although its not completely true]. And I cant go out anymore, play sports, or enjoy the beach scene. I go to the library and hang out with the senior folks. Yea.... And I dont have many friends, but I think its because I tend to move from town to town alot.

I remember when I was 9-10 I would be really lazy and never wash my face. Didn't think anything of it, until I started getting acne at 10.

grade school was a great time for me.

Middle school, 6th grade was around when I first experience excess oil on my face. 8th grade was when I started getting zits.

There were alot of times throughout highschool where I only had a zit or two and just excess oil. It wasn't major.

But then I started messing around with my skin by using excess acne products around the time I graduated and began college, it wasn't long until I got hit with severe acne because of this.