Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lilly18

going to derm in 2 weeks how can i get accutane

hey all ive been given a doctor refferl to go and see a dermtoligist but i really dont want to be fobbed off with antibiotics, how can i get accutane. i really think this is the only hope. can i say like ive done my research and was thinking about accutane blah blah blah or do i just get what im given??

With me I didn't have to talk my derm into giving me accutane, he just asked me about my previous treatments and then decided to put me on accutane..

However you can just try telling the derm that you have already tried antibiotics and everything and you want to give accutane a try.

Sure way to get accutane:

tell him youve been on Benzyol Peroxide, sulfur, totpical retinoids, and now antibiotics for the last 4 months...

tell him your father suffered from acne when he was about your age...and he was left with many scars...you dont want that to happen to you!

then tell him your sister took accutane 2 years ago and it cleared her up.....

lie, lie and one more time lie.. practice at home so it looks natural. tell them that you've lost boyfriend, job.. got evicted from home because parents couldn't stand your look, caused car accident since the other guy's been staring at your pimples instead at the road, etc.

trust me in this one. no reason to tell them true, they've got it in the system anyway, instead surprise them!

I am more than appalled at the responses on this thread. To the original poster:

I can understand how frustrating and life altering acne can be, from my own personal experience. However, Accutane is a very powerful and potentially, can be a very dangerous drug. If this is your first time going to a dermatologist, why not try something else first? Try the anti biotics or the tazorac or whatever...it may work for you, thus, nixing the need to put this harmful and tolling drug into your body.

I can't believe that a "senior member" of this board would encourage someone to lie to their doctor in any circumstances, especially this one. *sigh*

I actually found it really easy to get roaccutance on the NHS. I had a 5 minute appointment with the derm and pretty much straight away I was offered roaccutane even though my acne was only mild/moderate (but it's been like that for 10 years). Just tell them that that's what you'd like to try, and that you understand the risks. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

i think its gona depend on yr derm, and how bad yr acne is. i finally got referred 2 a derm form my gp after 3 yrs on antibiotics and all different topcials, diet changes vitamins, red blue light treamtnet blah blah u get the idea, and the derm still wouldnt give me roaccutane. i have an appt nxt wk again & if not im gona go private. just be honest with them, tell them how much it is affecting yr life and that you've done yr research. good luck, let us all know

I can't believe that a "senior member" of this board would encourage someone to lie to their doctor in any circumstances, especially this one. *sigh*

hey all thanks for all the advice. i would say my acne is not severe however i have it on my back/chest and face for the last five years. hopefully they might suggest it but if not then i may have to "exaggerate" things to make them give it to me! haha ah well i gess i will just have to wait and see!

thanks guys

ill let you know how it goes

:)

lol, doctors are not a prophecy, sometimes they now shit and sometime even less... if you want to learn it hard way i have no problems with it, go on the antibiotics and creams... fuck up your immune system and superficial skin and if you got a real acne problem you'll end up on accutane anyway.

i had to learn it hard way myself... be smart and learn from somebody's else experiences.

The way i got my accutane was easy. i just went in and said "i want accutane" and the derm and i discussed the side effects and everything for 5 minutes. then asked for the mother's approval. i'm on my second month now. good luck.

I have no idea why kellyanne1284 is telling you not to get accutane when she's on it. :naughty:

the way i got my accutane was easy. i just went in and said "i want accutane" and the derm and i discussed the side effects and everything for 5 minutes. then asked for the mother's approval. i'm on my second month now. good luck.

i have moderate acne. all you have to do is ask and if that doesn't work, demand.

I have no idea why kellyanne1284 is telling you not to get accutane when she's on it. :naughty:

The place I'm interested in getting Fraxel will get the newest version (that goes up to 70 mj) in June or July. Planning on waiting a few months after that to start.

Are you talking the Fraxel re;pair ? I just read something on that. I thought they were still in the first phase of approval?

also to drop the pressure at the appointment - think that you can always get accutane online without any problems. derm is not your last resort!

Unbelievable huh? Kelly dear girl, ur a walking contradiction.

i would be glad to have accutane pumping around my body, 6 months of hell has gotta be better then the past five years of shit skin! its wierd because before i joined this site, like a monthish ago i didnt even have a clue accutane existed, now i actually see light at the end of the tunnel :) woohoo

just so you guys know the state of my skin on my face is not terrible but its like an oil slick and by no mean clear i get a few whiteheads every other week or so, but my nose has lots of blackheads and i have loads little bumbs on my face, so to a certain degree its bearable because makeup does wonders but my back and chest are covered it spots, not huge ones either but the occasional big ones that are painful, the rest are smaller, but i suppose if my doctor suggested i could try the more "poisonous" stuff (im hoping he meant accutane) and gave me a derm refferal then my skin is bad enough. its also persistent, i have cleared my back and chest up about 4 years ago which lasted about a year but then it came back and has been getting progressivly ever since worse. i might also tell the derm that i think its hereditory because my mum suffered with back and chest and still does!

well thats my boring acne history!

:)

I totally understand the "lesser of two evils" theory. My mother is a nurse here in the states and she has begged me for months not to take the accutane. Nevertheless, I'm still on it. Believe me...I, too, am willing to risk the more serious side effects of this medication in order to have clear skin. That's why I said I'm not telling you not to go on it - I just thought if you could do something less tolling first to see if it works, it might be better. Desperate times call for desperate measures, though...as I know...being on accutane myself. Just research it well, know what you're getting into and do everything you can from the beginning to avoid the more common side effects like dry skin and lips. Moisturize your butt off...face, body, lips, nasal cavities, eyes....moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Chances are you'll be fine...and your acne will clear up. Good luck to you!

I totally understand the "lesser of two evils" theory. My mother is a nurse here in the states and she has begged me for months not to take the accutane. Nevertheless, I'm still on it. Believe me...I, too, am willing to risk the more serious side effects of this medication in order to have clear skin. That's why I said I'm not telling you not to go on it - I just thought if you could do something less tolling first to see if it works, it might be better. Desperate times call for desperate measures, though...as I know...being on accutane myself. Just research it well, know what you're getting into and do everything you can from the beginning to avoid the more common side effects like dry skin and lips. Moisturize your butt off...face, body, lips, nasal cavities, eyes....moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Chances are you'll be fine...and your acne will clear up. Good luck to you!