Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mgsanity

So, do you guys dry off TOTALLY when you get out of the shower?

Do you?

I'm beginning to think I may have that folicitus stuff or whatever it's called cause head and shoulders seems it may be working nice.

And I just realized that I never TOTALLY dry my back, shoulder, or chest when I get out of the shower, I just lightly dry off and throw a t-shirt on, that I end up sleeping in that night.

I think I only have facial acne. What I do is I dry the rest of my body with a towel, I roll my hair in a turban, then I dry my face with a papertowel, then I get dressed after Ive brushed my teeth and put my moisturizer on. Regular towels seem to aggrevate my acne

Maybe I should elaborate on my background a little better.

I've had what was diagnosed as acne vulgaris on my back and shoulderblade area for about 7 years. I was put on acutane about 4 years ago...this made me itch like crazy and I think I might have been alergic to it or something. I stopped seeing my derm due to lack of insurance...anyway I stumbled on this site and read about head and shoulders doing good for folicitus (or whatever it's called). If it is indeed a fungus, leaving my back moist before putting a t-shirt on doesn't seem like it would be in my best interest.expecially since I don't take the tshirt off until I shower the next day.

Also, I blush through my back. Sounds weird, but I'm shy and when most shy people would normally blush through their face, I feel my back getting warm and sweaty..Sounds crazy I know, but true.

Maybe I should elaborate on my background a little better.

I've had what was diagnosed as acne vulgaris on my back and shoulderblade area for about 7 years. I was put on acutane about 4 years ago...this made me itch like crazy and I think I might have been alergic to it or something. I stopped seeing my derm due to lack of insurance...anyway I stumbled on this site and read about head and shoulders doing good for folicitus (or whatever it's called). If it is indeed a fungus, leaving my back moist before putting a t-shirt on doesn't seem like it would be in my best interest.expecially since I don't take the tshirt off until I shower the next day.

Also, I blush through my back. Sounds weird, but I'm shy and when most shy people would normally blush through their face, I feel my back getting warm and sweaty..Sounds crazy I know, but true.

Thats not weird. My whole body sweats when I have a panic attack

Holy crap you have panic attacks too!

Started having them a few years ago.

I read this book about how many skin ailments may be caused by long term stress (I've had anxiety my whole life..and not such a cool childhood), basically it says that for whatever reason, for some people their skin is the weakest link and years of psychological burden expresses itself through the weakest link when you have chosen not to express it in a more healthy manner. I think I express my buried emotions through my skin and through my worrying. Just a theory though.