Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest j3ff86

Stopping tretinoin, question

Guest j3ff86

I've only been using tretinoin .1% for less than a week, and I'm getting EXTREME peeling where I applied it (chin, cheek area), after I stupidly used a light SA cleanser the other morning. I've decided to discontinue it for now, but how long will it take my skin to go back to normal??

Instead of stopping it altogether, why don't you consider just using it once a week for a few weeks, then twice a week for a few weeks, etc. Your skin will adjust easier to it. And drop the SA product for now. Use just a basic gentle cleanser.

Instead of stopping it altogether, why don't you consider just using it once a week for a few weeks, then twice a week for a few weeks, etc. Your skin will adjust easier to it. And drop the SA product for now. Use just a basic gentle cleanser.

that's actually what most good doctor's will recommend. my derm has had me "ramp up" on each different topical i've ever used. I've been on RAM for about 5 months and i'm done "ramping up" and i only use it every other day still. you may never need to use it everyday.

but if jeff wants to stop altogether... using RAM for one week isn't going to change your skin too much. your dry skin will probably get resolved in a couple of days...but i agree with brandy. get your dry skin resolved in a few days, then do what she suggested.