Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NewAge

Just Got the Biggest Cyst I've Ever Had

Well, to put it bluntly, it's the size of a large golf ball. It hurts right now as I'm typing and I'm not even touching it. As I mentioned in my Accutane log, my face has never been this bad (2 cysts, 4 nodules, etc).

I thought I already went through the IB, but maybe I was wrong and this is the real thing?

Either way, looks like I won't be going to work tomorrow.

sorry yr having such a crap time with tane. how was ur acne before? could u get a cortisone injeciton? not sure where u r. or maybe u could get on predisone or some antibiotics for a while?

Man, that's not what I like to hear... Sorry this happened to you. But hopefully since you are already a few months into your course they'll go away much faster.

For some reason I always had the impression that if you start on a high dose you'll get all the dirty IBs early and over with and start to clear earlier in the treatment... but I guess that's not true... or you're just an exception to the rule.

How much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and by the way... I am going to ask my doctor today to try that prednisone idea out. Some people have had success with it while other's haven't. Seems like it helped the people who started taking it while they were already breaking out... and not so much people who took it to try and avoid the IB. I think for the people who tried to avoid the IB, the prednisone just delayed the inevitable. So after they were done the short course of prednisone, that's when they had their IB. I am just afraid that after I take the prednisone, the same pimples will end up coming back. I guess only time will tell.

I have only ever had 1 cyst in my life, which was during my accutane treatment, thankfully it cleared in a matter of days by itself though.

Man, that's not what I like to hear... Sorry this happened to you. But hopefully since you are already a few months into your course they'll go away much faster.

For some reason I always had the impression that if you start on a high dose you'll get all the dirty IBs early and over with and start to clear earlier in the treatment... but I guess that's not true... or you're just an exception to the rule.

How much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking?

Well, to put it bluntly, it's the size of a large golf ball. It hurts right now as I'm typing and I'm not even touching it. As I mentioned in my Accutane log, my face has never been this bad (2 cysts, 4 nodules, etc).

I thought I already went through the IB, but maybe I was wrong and this is the real thing?

Either way, looks like I won't be going to work tomorrow.