Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luppe

Has anyone drop their classes because of Acne?

I ditched a lot of classes because my skin went through a horrid stage before and during accutane. It also caused me a lot of stress...and lack of sleep believe it or not. I'd have to wake up super early to get ready for school because sometimes it'd take me 2 hours to get ready :( believe it or not!

Yes, this was a while back though. I was going to take a college class after school (8th grade) and well...I got there...but..My 'friend' was telling me about these girls who were laughing and making fun of my acne. It hurt a lot. So, instead of going back and knowing i'd get laughed at I just quit going. Sucks though because i really wanted to take it. I know i should'nt have let those girls (or my acne for that matter) get the best of me but they did. And i kind of regret it now.

I dropped out of highschool due to acne.

Then I dropped out of college due to rosacea.

I was about to drop my classes , not because of acne only..but because of waking up early which doesnt work for me....(iam a night person and it sucks)

But , I do skip alot of my classes.., just hope i wont fail..

I was kicked out of college last year because of poor attendance, as a result of my low self-esteem. I had already been repeating the year because of all the lessons I'd missed the previous year. :confused:

It wasn't all down to my skin, but more the result of many different things all coming together at the same time... though I think my face was pretty much at the worst it had ever been at that point, which was probably the main reason.

Accutane subsequently cleared me up, leaving just scarring to deal with so I now feel ready to try getting my life back on track again; when September comes, I'll be getting back into college. I just hope I'll last longer than last time.. :pray:

I have to take summer school for 2 classes now because of it. Ugh. Just last week I had to skip the whole friday because of it. For 8 hours I just roamed around the streets.

I ditched a lot of classes because my skin went through a horrid stage before and during accutane. It also caused me a lot of stress...and lack of sleep believe it or not. I'd have to wake up super early to get ready for school because sometimes it'd take me 2 hours to get ready :( believe it or not!

I dropped out of a uni degree because of serious acne 4 years ago....Its amazing how much acne can screw someone over.

I dropped out of nursing because of general feeling like crap, and acne had a big role in that. Couldn't stand the thought of patients staring at me all day...

Acne makes you mental.

I didnt do yr 12...due 2 my bad skin but also other factors including drug overdose which fked me up big time..

I was in my final year of uni but my acne so soo bad and painful, I could not face going in so I dropped out.

Really regreat doing it now!

Fucked up my education!

I was in my final year of uni but my acne so soo bad and painful, I could not face going in so I dropped out.

Really regreat doing it now!

Fucked up my education!

Yeah...I remember earlier in this school year when my face was just terrible I would skip classes. I had just moved from Cali to Texas too and didn't have any friends...really bad time in my life.

And being towards the end of my high school career, ive kindve been able to look back on HS and middle school and realize acne probably fucked me up a lot. Ive always been smart, but I failed grades 6 through 9, and managed to get by 10th and 11th. My parents were never able to figure out why I couldn't commit myself to doing well in school, and neither could I...I went to counseling and they put me on ADD shit eventually, though I stopped before long because I dont believe in that shit(millions of kids supposedly have ADD...no way that many people have a condition like that...I call it "dont give a fuck" syndrome). And now looking back I realize that having acne made me mad at life & shit like that so I just didn't give a fuck....and thats a hard thing to change. I still have a hard time giving a fuck about most of the shit they want us to do in school...I had potential to go to a university a couple years back and now ill be hard pressed to graduate high school. Its all good though. ;)

I dont recall dropping any classes but I do remember failing alot of exams lol. I guess I was so concerned with my appearance, I couldnt concentrate studying. Studying sux anyways...education doesnt correlate to success. I read an article about it.