Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haileysheets

2 Quick Retin-A Micro Questions

Hi everyone! I'm hoping some Retin-A users might be able to answer one or both of my questions.

1. Is it okay to apply Retin-A in the morning instead of bedtime? Does it really matter the time of day you use it?

2. I've been on the Retin-A for almost 8 weeks now. I haven't had a single side effect from it, but I also don't see it making any significant difference yet in my acne. Being that I've been on it 8 weeks, should I have seen results already? Is it weird I haven't had a single side effect (peeling, flakiness, redness, etc.)?

P.S. I'm also using Benzaclin and Azalex Cream and have hormonal acne. I use the Benzaclin and Azalex in the morning, and Retin-A at bedtime.

1) no, it does matter, apply it at night, and make sure you do not apply it at the same time as you apply the benzaclin, use the benzaclin in the morning, and the retin a at night. BP deactivates the retin a, so does light (which is why you need to use it at night) you can however use the azalex with it.

1) no, it does matter, apply it at night, and make sure you do not apply it at the same time as you apply the benzaclin, use the benzaclin in the morning, and the retin a at night. BP deactivates the retin a, so does light (which is why you need to use it at night) you can however use the azalex with it.

Thank you. I knew Benzaclin neutralized the Retin-A, but I had no idea about light! I appreciate the info. My derm never told me that.

i agree with jordan.

i also wanted to mention that i was on retin-a micro for about 3 months (12 weeks) before i started to see a difference...but when it did kick in, it cleared me up pretty good. (i use duac in the mornings, which is kinda similar to your benzaclin.) stick with it for a little while longer. good luck!