Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VAS

Is the accutane not working or is it my fault?

Accutane has been working very well on my face, but my chest and shoulders broke out really bad. Is it because the cleanser i'm using irritates my skin or should i just wait it out because the tane will get rid of it?

i need more info, how long have you been on it? what's your dosage? how much do you weigh? what cleanser are you using?

Well you could have checked out my log. :razz:

But i'm on my 6th week of it, I just started 60mg a day two weeks ago, and i weight 165lbs. I use AXE shower gel. I've been told by SnowQueen that it is a gentle sufectant, but it can irritate your skin. But i thought i might as well use the rest of it up and then use one of the baby bodywashes like she recommends. But is that really the problem or is accutane just not having an effect on my chest and shoulders yet?

the accutane will work, you just need to be patient, i think the shower gel is fine.

i'm on accutane now...but the info i'm sharing refers to my experience pre-accutane (i've only hit week 2 on the drug). i was using shower gels forever, the ones that you need to use a shower poof for. once i switched from that to using a regular body bar i noticed i broke out less on my body. i rarely got pimples on my back, but they would pop up from time to time. i was always a lil grossed out by the thought of my poof just sitting there accumulating bacteria, even though i replaced them every few weeks at least. so i decided to just go back to basics and it seems to be better for me. everyone's different of course. i really like the dove fragrance-free, sensitive skin bar, even tho it's a bit pricey for my taste!

:P

i'm on accutane now...but the info i'm sharing refers to my experience pre-accutane (i've only hit week 2 on the drug). i was using shower gels forever, the ones that you need to use a shower poof for. once i switched from that to using a regular body bar i noticed i broke out less on my body. i rarely got pimples on my back, but they would pop up from time to time. i was always a lil grossed out by the thought of my poof just sitting there accumulating bacteria, even though i replaced them every few weeks at least. so i decided to just go back to basics and it seems to be better for me. everyone's different of course. i really like the dove fragrance-free, sensitive skin bar, even tho it's a bit pricey for my taste!

:P

I just want to tell you that it the same thing for me !!!! My face is getting much better ( Day 35 ) but my back and my chest is breaking out real bad again... In the begginning my face was horrible after my face got better and now my back and cheat is breaking out... it kind of weird but i don't know... But I think you preferer to have a better face before a better back and chest

dove soap comes in lotion too, it's a good product. don't worry about your acne now, it's still early. when it comes september, then you start worrying. yankees need some good pitching.

I just want to tell you that it the same thing for me !!!! My face is getting much better ( Day 35 ) but my back and my chest is breaking out real bad again... In the begginning my face was horrible after my face got better and now my back and cheat is breaking out... it kind of weird but i don't know... But I think you preferer to have a better face before a better back and chest

Me too I am on day nine and my back and chest are starting to break out...and I never have a problem with that. My face is better though....

Accutane has been working very well on my face, but my chest and shoulders broke out really bad. Is it because the cleanser i'm using irritates my skin or should i just wait it out because the tane will get rid of it?