Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know if I have an answer for you, but from experience (recent) please don't over use Tea Tree Oil. It did help with the blemishes, but if it is too strong, it will cause you to break out in a different way and boy does it itch! Now my face is blotchy and red and itching all the time. I don't know how long it will take for this to heal, but please be careful and learn from my mistake!

Thanks for the advice, and sorry about your experience... I guess I will try to dilute it from now on. It's probably not necessary to use 100% as I've been doing recently... that's probably very irritating although it doesn't feel like it is.

I don't know if I have an answer for you, but from experience (recent) please don't over use Tea Tree Oil. It did help with the blemishes, but if it is too strong, it will cause you to break out in a different way and boy does it itch! Now my face is blotchy and red and itching all the time. I don't know how long it will take for this to heal, but please be careful and learn from my mistake!

Hey, that happened to me!!! I bought 100% tea tree oil and I will place a drop or two on my hand and then mix in three squirts of aloe vera gel (like the size of a half dollar) and I have been putting it on my chest where I break out and all over my back. My back is fine but on my chest it turned bright red like a rash and really itched. I have really bad allergies and my skin will react. I assumed a bug bit me the way the hives just seemed to appear within five minutes. I was putting on the mixture first on my chest then my back do you think that is why my chest had a reaction and not my back or maybe that skin is more sensitive? My skin feels better now (I am an expert at treating hives p;).

If your face still feels bad and it looks like it is an allergic rash cold water helps calm it down, and cool it. I also take a gel pack I can put in the freezer and place it over the affected areas. If you don't have that a bag of frozen peas or some ice in a ziplock baggy works too. Calmine lotion, cortizone itch cream really helps too but I wouldn't put that on your face in fear of it breaking you out.

I also tried mixing jojoba oil as well and within the first application my chest turned bright red, and it didn't itch it was more like a chemical burn so I bought this tea tree oil and I was on day five before I broke out in the rash.

yea i got eczema real bad(which ive still got) from tea tree oil products...i h8 em wit a passion!

:( Wow, it looks like everyone here has had really bad results with tea tree oil. I've used the 100% concentration before and I haven't experienced anything like that. Although when I used tea tree oil for the first time in my life, I stupidly applied it ALL over my face, full-strength. Boy, did it SMELL and BURN and STING... oh yeah, my face turned red and got pretty irritated, of course. But after a few more uses (dabbing on spots ONLY), I didn't experience any more of those effects.