Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hopeless06

gonna start again!!

hey!! i am back. i stopped the regimen after 1 week ( i know should have stuck w/ it!). i am starting back up again, just becasue my face is an unusual mess. i never have really gotten acne this bad before. it used to be just mild here and there, but now its on the sides of my face, my nose, and bumps everywhere on my forehead!! and my skin is oily! these are the products i am going to use this time...

morning:

cetaphil (normal to oily)

wait 5 min and neutrogena on the spot (3/4) finger

wait 15 min apply cetaphil moisturizing cream (not lotion)

night:

same

i was hoping that this stuff would be okay, especially the cleanser. i've never tried it before, but posted about it the other day and it seems the ratings are okay....and i hope the cream does not clog my pores, but this is all i have and i don't get my check until the 10th. so hopefully this is okay. sorry this is so long! thanks!

sorry to post again, but my acne is mostly red bumps, not many have anything you can pop, just red bumps (but i try to pick everything.........i know i'm bad, i'll stop!!) there is also just a few blackheads on my nose, and a few clear bumps on my jawline. so hopefully the regimen is good for this kind of acne

be more patient this time. i hear it usually takes 1-2 months on the regimen before significant results. you also may want to try dan's bp gel. its much more cost effective and goes on better imo.

hmmmmmmm, i wish i could use dans bp, but i have no credit cards and no money really. i am in college so i'm poor!!! hopefully neutrogena on the spot works just as well........

On the spot will be fine. Dan's bp is actually cheaper in the long run though. The cetaphil wash is good. I've never used the cream so I dunno about it. Creams are heavier obviously so it may make you too oily if you already have oily skin. You could try adding a little water to thin it out though. And when you get some money, if the cream isn't working, I would get something lighter.

Hi Hopeless,

Your plan looks good to me. Remember it takes time to get the acne cycle broken and under control, so do give it 2-3 months to work.

Good luck!

Remember that you can use money order and checks to order Dan's BP! It's SO worth it, and like kel fujo said, it IS cheaper in the long run (and with the DKR, you're in it for the long run, even just to see if it works).

Also, I agree with getting a lotion - the cream, especially during the day, is going to make you greasy as hell. Also, I found that my face looked a lot better and a lot less red/blotchy with the lotion as opposed to the cream (but everyone's skin is different).

Of course, I would still reccomend starting the regimen now and getting the better stuff when you can. Inconvenient acne/waiting is more inconvenient than products you don't like! Best of luck to you, keep us updated!!

Good luck with the regimen and remember to listen to our advice, we speak from experience. Also (this is off topic) you can apply for a student checking account with Bank of America. Theres no fees for using the account for five years if your a student.

thanks guys!! and p.s thanks for the moistruizer advice. i do happen to have the cetaphil lotion lying around. hopefully it will be better and not make me break out!!