Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NJdude2007

What is the Best Benyzol Peroxide Cream/Gel sold over the counter?

I have been experimenting with different BP and I need the opinions of other people. I used to use Benzaclin which worked great but my insurance went up and now it costs me $80. I need some sort of BP that is similar to this. I need something that I can leave on overnight

The Over-the-counter ones that I have tried are:

-Zapzyt (This is okay, It sorta kills the whitehead/pimple but it takes forever to heal)

-Nature's Cure (It's okay. Doesn't really kill the whitehead but good at preventing them)

-Proactiv (It's light and smells good but I don't think it does much cuz my acne doesn't improve, only gets worse)

Benzaclin works very well because the clindamycin phosphate and the BP work together and make it an amazing product.

I have to say that personally for me, benzaclin is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I have tried many many OTC BP creams and none of them compared to benzaclin because they lack clindamycin, which can only be obtained thru prescription products.

OXY and Clearasil ULTRA (the one that claims u see visible results in 3 days), did jackshit for me. The best BP i have ever used was proactiv's and I do admit that it is a big step away from what benzaclin is capable of. :(

since summer is coming i wouldnt advise BP, since last summer my skin was red/sore.

i use differin at nigth and Clearasil ULTRA HP+SA pads during the day, and the pads are really really good :) dries out your skin, but moisturiser takes care of it :)

with the pads, the key is tio NOT rub your face with the abrasive part, but to dab on the solution its soaked in, the moisturise 5 mins later :)

check the link in my signiature to see my regimen items :)

edit: clearasil have been improving there range recently, and i think that just SA by itself did nothing, but with HP (hydrogen peroxide) as a main ingrediant in their ULTRA range, there products are really useful.

i actually did see results in 3 days with the clearasil, i was pleasantly suprised.

I tried Neutrogena On the Spot with Dan Kern's Regimen, later tried Stridex Power Pads and Paula's Choice Extra Strength Blemish Fighting Solution. Of the three, I liked Paula's Choice the best. It's very liquidy so you can pour it onto a cotton ball and apply. I think it's 5% bp. She also has a regular Blemish fighting solution that is 2.5% bp. I would order some myself if bp didn't clog my pores so bad.

I started actively using BP during Summer, it was the worse experience in my life.

Dan's 2.5% BP gel is the best benzoyl peroxide product I have ever used. It goes on clear, comes in a big tube, is inexpensive for its size, no scent, very easy to apply.

For drugstore BPs to use all over your face, Neutrogena On-the-Spot is probably the best around, though it is a white cream which can be problematic in getting to disappear completely.

I have been experimenting with different BP and I need the opinions of other people. I used to use Benzaclin which worked great but my insurance went up and now it costs me $80. I need some sort of BP that is similar to this. I need something that I can leave on overnight

The Over-the-counter ones that I have tried are:

-Zapzyt (This is okay, It sorta kills the whitehead/pimple but it takes forever to heal)

-Nature's Cure (It's okay. Doesn't really kill the whitehead but good at preventing them)

-Proactiv (It's light and smells good but I don't think it does much cuz my acne doesn't improve, only gets worse)

I wouldn't spend that much on BP because your going to be using A LOT of it! But if you have the money. I tried zapzit and it worked fine. It's only $1 a box!

Take fish oil pills it'll help it heal faster.