Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catrat242

my face looks flaky,but i dont have dry skin (???)

i have oily combo skin...so i use loose powder and all that good stuff

i recently switched to Maybelline's dream matte mousse and got sample of their Pure.Makeup as well as buying their loose powder

but to my point---> when i stand really close to a mirror (stupid school florescent lighting),my face looks flakey and gross =P

why is this? i use the baby brush exfoilation method every other day

should i lay off the powder and just bring oil blotting sheets with me everywhere I go?

what should I do?

thanks! =D

I used to have skin like that until my sister turned me onto her little secret. The secret is exfoliation not with a product but with a cotton face cloth. After you wash your face (I just use water) you then gently massage my face with a hot face cloth exfoliating away my dead skin cells.

I no longer have the flakey skin on none dry face issue :D.

i recently switched to Maybelline's dream matte mousse and got sample of their Pure.Makeup as well as buying their loose powder

but to my point---> when i stand really close to a mirror (stupid school florescent lighting),my face looks flakey and gross =P

should i lay off the powder and just bring oil blotting sheets with me everywhere I go?

what should I do?

thanks! =D

I used to have the same problem. What I did was get a moisturizer that chemically exfoliates and wear it right before I apply makeup. Does a good job of prepping your face for makeup. Uf you live in Canada may I recommend Neostrata smoothing cream with 4% glycolic acid. Please use sparingly though!

exfoliate! both chemically n manually. chemically is with aha (like glycolic acid) and/or bha (salicylic acid). manually should be really really really gentle. u seem to do a good job w/ manual cuz ur using a face brush. so i'm guessing ur lacking on the chemical side. :)

what should I do?

thanks! =D

exfoliate! both chemically n manually. chemically is with aha (like glycolic acid) and/or bha (salicylic acid). manually should be really really really gentle. u seem to do a good job w/ manual cuz ur using a face brush. so i'm guessing ur lacking on the chemical side. :)