Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Radiocure

Moisturizer leaving skin oily/shiny

More newbie questions...

I've been on DKR for about three weeks now and am using the standard Cetaphil moisturizer. My skin is very, very dry and flaky after I use cleanser, especially in the morning. I am using a full finger of BP and about 3/4 a finger of moisturizer morning and night. Even though my skin is very dry, the moisturizer doesn't seem to get fully absorbed like the BP and as soon as three hours after applying it my skin is feeling oily. Another couple hours later it is getting noticeably shiny.

Is there any way to reduce the oiliness/shininess caused by moisturizing? I really do not have the financial resources to invest in even more skin care products at the moment, so if there are any solutions that do not involve yet another potion to dab onto my face that would be preferable. Is this just a temporary thing typical of the early stages of the regimen or what? I'm hoping this isn't a Cetaphil-specific issue as it is the only cost-efficient moisturizer I have been able to find.

Sorry but alot of people complain about the Cetaphil doing that. I use it and I dont have that problem but alot seem to. If you dont want to change moisturizers right now, my only suggestion is to use blotting papers. But if you are going to spend the money to get blotting papers then you might as well spend the money on a different lotion. Sorry, I wish I had something else to tell you. I know how it is to be on a tight budget and the Cetaphil is definitely cost effective. Lorrie

You might try using much less Cetaphil, and dilute it with a bit of water by putting a few dabs (a pea-sized blob or two) in the palm of your hand and add a few drops of water, rub your palms together then apply it. See if that helps.

Otherwise, the most cost effective thing I can recommend other than purchasing oil-blotting sheets is to just take a clean dry napkin and use it to blot off the shine.

Otherwise, the most cost effective thing I can recommend other than purchasing oil-blotting sheets is to just take a clean dry napkin and use it to blot off the shine.

You forgot stealing those toilet seat covers from public bathrooms, Brandy, which is very cost-effective :) . You can cut those seat covers up into small pieces and use those for oil absorption.

That's true, I did forget that one. While you're in the public restroom, those brown paper towels usually work well for blotting too.

You forgot stealing those toilet seat covers from public bathrooms, Brandy, which is very cost-effective . You can cut those seat covers up into small pieces and use those for oil absorption.

Why not use Kleenex pocket tissues or CVS pocket tissues? I use them and it's great to absorb oil! It's very affordable. U can buy them in a box for $8.

You forgot stealing those toilet seat covers from public bathrooms, Brandy, which is very cost-effective . You can cut those seat covers up into small pieces and use those for oil absorption.

I dont understand what people mean by the toilet seat covers? Those oil absorbing sheats get so expensive and i heard alot of people use the toilet seat covers but have no idea what they mean by that.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the responses. Good to know I can blot some of the oiliness away - I had considered that but was afraid of doing so and causing irritation. I'll try diluting the moisturizer a bit as well. Before I do that, though, should I wait for my skin to adjust to the level of BP I am using so that some of the dryness and flakiness goes away?

Yeah, I have no idea what they are. Sounds like a good idea but I cant try if i have no idea what they are, lol.

Apparently you can buy toilet seat covers from drugstore.com, though I'm not sure how good a deal it is compared with the blotting sheets, still probably a better deal I would guess: http://www.drugstore.com/qxp80297_333181_s...long_wallet.htm

I bet you could order a bunch of the toilet seat covers from a big bathroom product supplier much more inexpensively, googling toilet seat covers got me a lot of results along those lines.

But this is what they look like in public restrooms: http://www.parish-supply.com/images/0232500.jpg http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/d..._Seat_Cover.jpg

LOL I thought I was the only one here using toilet seat covers to blot my face. It feels so embarrassing using them at school especially when your friends waiting in the bathroom with you.