Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KellyAnne1284

New To The Boards...

Hello Everyone. My name is Kelly. I am currently on Day 18 of my first (and hopefully my ONLY) accutane regimen. I'm just looking to be able to chat with other accutane users, get advice when needed and give it whenever I can.

I have mixed feelings about this drug so far. I am currently having my IB, which is encouraging and disheartining all at the same time. Logically, I can understand that the IB is because the medication is pushing out my existing acne, but it doesn't make me feel any better about the way I look! Between the cyst on my chin, the little white heads, my black heads, the dryness, the peeling and all the crap that is just popping out, I'm so embarrassed!!! I've refused to leave my house for anything other than work for about a week now. Thankfully I only work 3 days a week. I hate my fiancee seeing me like this, but, we live together, so, there's no way around that. I have to say, he's been really, really supportive, which helps.

So...on to my first question for all you guys....

My skin is so dry, it actually burns and stings. Not to mention how embarrassing it is - and we all know by now that it's IMPOSSIBLE to cover the acne with make up without looking ilke a freak with skin falling from your face. My question - MOUISTURIZER????? I've tried Cetaphil Lotion, Purpose and Suave Skin Therapy. None of those have worked. I put Aquaphor on my face, which helps, but I can't walk around looking like a greasey mess while I'm at work. Any suggestions?

Eucerin with 5% Urea is quite a good moisturiser, I don't know how greasy it makes you look compared to Aquaphor as I have never used it but I found Eucerin doesn't really make my skin look too greasy.

Eucerin with 5% Urea is quite a good moisturiser, I don't know how greasy it makes you look compared to Aquaphor as I have never used it but I found Eucerin doesn't really make my skin look too greasy.

And this stuff can be found over the counter with the 5% Urea? Thanks for your response...

Hello Everyone. My name is Kelly. I am currently on Day 18 of my first (and hopefully my ONLY) accutane regimen. I'm just looking to be able to chat with other accutane users, get advice when needed and give it whenever I can.

I have mixed feelings about this drug so far. I am currently having my IB, which is encouraging and disheartining all at the same time. Logically, I can understand that the IB is because the medication is pushing out my existing acne, but it doesn't make me feel any better about the way I look! Between the cyst on my chin, the little white heads, my black heads, the dryness, the peeling and all the crap that is just popping out, I'm so embarrassed!!! I've refused to leave my house for anything other than work for about a week now. Thankfully I only work 3 days a week. I hate my fiancee seeing me like this, but, we live together, so, there's no way around that. I have to say, he's been really, really supportive, which helps.

So...on to my first question for all you guys....

My skin is so dry, it actually burns and stings. Not to mention how embarrassing it is - and we all know by now that it's IMPOSSIBLE to cover the acne with make up without looking ilke a freak with skin falling from your face. My question - MOUISTURIZER????? I've tried Cetaphil Lotion, Purpose and Suave Skin Therapy. None of those have worked. I put Aquaphor on my face, which helps, but I can't walk around looking like a greasey mess while I'm at work. Any suggestions?

i'm not on accutane yet, but I used to have really REALLY oily skin, and I forgot what I did, but it was suddenly super dry... but right now, its almost just right, but I usually use those ponds pre-waterer like napkins...lol.. they're in walgreens or walmart.. in the face aisle...lol.. they've actually helped out alot, I get the sensitive skin one, but thats because I'm kinda afraid what it'll do it me. and I mainly use it because I'm too lazy and tired to get up and wash my face. You could try using those, and a little BP, otherwise just blot it for now or something, I heard that its supposed to get a lot better soon...

I don't like the cetaphil moisturizer but thats just because I think its a little too greasy for me, and I'm afraid of the cysts coming back. But I slather on the purpose redness reducing moisturizer with spf 30.. to help out. I find that its just right for me. (:-p you can never have too much sun protection ;)

other than that, I've also tried the clinique, something ... its in a green container, supposed to be really good. but I only use it now for when I do my eye brows :-p i didn't like it... but thats because I don't trust them anymore...lol

otherwise, maybe spray your face with water every so often, keep it sealed.. I think clinique now has something like that, in a pink bottle or something...don't remember, ...but I heard water is supposed to be good for the dry skin...lol

hope this helps ! :)

And this stuff can be found over the counter with the 5% Urea? Thanks for your response...

Yep it can. I don't know where you live but in England it can be bought in Boots.

Edit: oops just saw you live in America. Well I think the product was discontinued there but you might be able to get it off the internet or something.

Yep it can. I don't know where you live but in England it can be bought in Boots.

Edit: oops just saw you live in America. Well I think the product was discontinued there but you might be able to get it off the internet or something.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ... I'M ON DAY SEVEN AND IT BURNS LIKE CRAZY. PLUS I LIVE WITH MY HUSBAND AND THIS MORNING WAS THE FIRST MORNING THAT MY SKIN WAS RED AND HURTING AND I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO GET UP AND PREPARE HIM ANY THING I WAS SO MAD AT HOW I LOOKED. bUT HE WAS SUPPORTIVE, THIS MORNING ON THE WAY INTO WORK; LATE OBVIOUSLY... I WAS THINKIN THIS MAYBE EASIER DOING THIS BY MYSELF; NO ONE TO LOOK AT YOU OR JUDGE YOU BUT THEN I THOUGHT AT THE END OF THIS I KNOW HE TRUELY CARES CUZ HE HELPED ME THROUGH THIS. HOW MANY MG ARE YOU ON?? WELL HOPE IT GOES WELL AND YOUR SKIN FEELS BETTER