Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 17 years old.

I've had acne ever since grade 9.

I don't know why.

I'm healthy, and I just don't know why.

I have it on my face, back, and top of my chest.

It ruined my life, I stopped doing fun things. I quit hockey and Baseball. I was good too, Ontario Blue Jays for baseball and triple A Toronto Royals hockey.

But you have to shower in hockey, and it made me feel so bad I couldn't. I just wanted to be hidden and I didn't want anything to do with people.

I met a girl through a friend.

Best girl I could have ever met. She knows about it, and tries her best to help me get over it. She says it doesn't bother her, and it's weird but I believe her.

Yesterday I went to her brothers birthday party and it was swimming.

I didnt want to go, but i didnt want to let her down.

So i just went, jumped in the pool, stayed away from everyone...which made it worse, made me look like an asshole. She didn't like it.

I hate this feeling. It's ruinning another relationship, I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?

My face is clearing up...my back not so much...alot of scars (on my face to)

I've tried pills, proactive EVERYTHING.

Please any suggestions would be great.

dont worry about it if its on your back, just laugh it off. i know its still sucks, but the face is really what matters because thats what people see most. she seems like a great girl and i know unintentionally you might be making her upset or wahtever you said. just try not to mess things up too much

I'm glad you found a girl that can see the personality underneath the acne. Trust me, as someone who lived through high school and college with it - the best thing you can do is project confidence. It's much more noticeable to other people when you try to hide from people and become withdrawn -- just be yourself. When swimming, maybe wear a light T-shirt in the pool, plenty of people do. And don't worry about the guys in shower rooms - I doubt they really care what you look like, and it really doesn't matter what they think. I'm sure what they really would care about would be how well you played and what kind of teammate/friend you are. Let your personality shine through and don't hide from things you enjoy. Easier said than done I know, but looking back to when I was your age, I wish that I had.

whats up man.....you tried accutane yet? Thats the cure. If you dont do it then, your gonna be dealing with this crap until your bodys hormones adjust one day and it gets better....could be soon, could be a long, long time. Get accutane and forget about all this crap. And by the way, dont wear a T-shirt in the pool like that other person said that is ridiculous. Everyone will know what you are trying to cover up so there goes that "confidence" they said for you to project. Its hard to do, but you just have to not give a shit. Caus in reality, people may notice, but no1 will care that much because its not their body. No1 will really care but you. But if it starts effecting how you act and people can see that, then that will change their opinion of you.

ya acne sucks basically. Try tanning, uh bp if youre not on it, drinking lots of water, grow a little fuzz on your face and it will help cover up some spots if you can manage.

I'm 17 years old.

I've had acne ever since grade 9.

I don't know why.

I'm healthy, and I just don't know why.

I have it on my face, back, and top of my chest.

It ruined my life, I stopped doing fun things. I quit hockey and Baseball. I was good too, Ontario Blue Jays for baseball and triple A Toronto Royals hockey.

But you have to shower in hockey, and it made me feel so bad I couldn't. I just wanted to be hidden and I didn't want anything to do with people.

I met a girl through a friend.

Best girl I could have ever met. She knows about it, and tries her best to help me get over it. She says it doesn't bother her, and it's weird but I believe her.

Yesterday I went to her brothers birthday party and it was swimming.

I didnt want to go, but i didnt want to let her down.

So i just went, jumped in the pool, stayed away from everyone...which made it worse, made me look like an asshole. She didn't like it.

I hate this feeling. It's ruinning another relationship, I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?

My face is clearing up...my back not so much...alot of scars (on my face to)

I've tried pills, proactive EVERYTHING.

Please any suggestions would be great.

whats up man.....you tried accutane yet? Thats the cure. If you dont do it then, your gonna be dealing with this crap until your bodys hormones adjust one day and it gets better....could be soon, could be a long, long time. Get accutane and forget about all this crap. And by the way, dont wear a T-shirt in the pool like that other person said that is ridiculous. Everyone will know what you are trying to cover up so there goes that "confidence" they said for you to project. Its hard to do, but you just have to not give a shit. Caus in reality, people may notice, but no1 will care that much because its not their body. No1 will really care but you. But if it starts effecting how you act and people can see that, then that will change their opinion of you.

if you haven't tried accutane, you haven't tried everything. look it up on this site and read some journals. that girl is a keeper.