Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi im new to this site i registered to get some advice i love how everyone helps eachother out here as a community you all seem like great people.Let me explain my situation i am 20 year old male living in dublin ireland.i have been suffering with acne for at least six years now.i have been on and off roaccutane 3 times now.It cleared me up 100 percent everytime and killed all my oil i loved it had great skin and only experienced dry lips and skin.However within 6 months of finishing roaccuntane my acne always came back not as severe though but it still came back which bothers me because i knew how great clear skin was.At the moment my acne is mild to moderate i am mega dosing on vitamin b5 at the moment from www.vilantae.co.uk.it seems to be helping to a certain degree but my oil levels are still to high and my acne is active i have been on vitamin b5 6 weeks now.i am thinking of goin back on accutane soon ive heard alot about low maintance doses of accutane seems very promising as accutane was so succesful for me.i would really appreciate any comments or advice people would have for me.

Thank you very much for taking the time fo reading this.

Brian

I'm 18 days into my Accutane course so I can't help you much mate. But I'm guessing that maybe your cumulative dosage may not have been ideal.

ye maybe it was my dosage i got up to 60 mg at one stage that was my first course but i dont think my derm put me past 40 mg on the 2nd two doses.what dosage are you on and hows it going for you?

I started on 60mg a day, and I expect it to increase to about 80mg in the coming month. It's going alright. Haven't noticed a real difference, except for the dry lips. But then again, it's only been 18 days.

i just read ur message about the vitamin b5 i am on it now 6weeks.got it from www.vilantae.co.uk it has improved my acne but isnt clearing me and im still very oily.it targets acne the same way accutane does by reducing the oil levels so there is no point in taking vitamin b5 while on accutane.maybe take it after accutane to maintain oil free(acne free) skin