Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kuhoolish

A question regarding shower water

Basically, if you let shower water run all over your face does that count as washing your face? If so, it seems that washing my face beforehand and then getting into the shower would count as washing two times a day. Is there any validity to this?

Just blasting with hot water (colder water won't break up the hydrophobic crap enough) gets rid of most of the crap on your face but it will leave some dead oily skin flakes which can build up over the course of a few weeks and give you a distinct thick yellow patch of dead skin. I tried just dipping and washing with hot water for 3-4 months and it seemed to work well but the piling on of dead skin was getting too severe so i have put spectrogel back into my morning wash.

I've recently added taking my shower head and making sure that my entire face gets hit by it everytime I shower (2x a day, every day). Right after I get out of the shower is when I do my regimen and it seems to make things heal a ton faster and just give me a much nicer, cleaner complexion.

So, yes for it helping.

No for it counting as cleansing without something else.