Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TXToastr

When does "adult acne" typically subside

My derm told me that adult acne is acne in people over 21 years old, and then he said for most that have it typically it subsides by 25....has any1 else heard that?

My derm told me that adult acne is acne in people over 21 years old, and then he said for most that have it typically it subsides by 25....has any1 else heard that?

Im not so sure that is true. My dad is 56 and he still gets red pimples :shrug: On the otherhand I think he washes his face too much, like four times a day. I keep telling him that will aggrevate it and make it worse but he wont listen. :naughty: My mom is turning 57 in June and she only gets pimples every once in a blue moon

Im not so sure that is true. My dad is 56 and he still gets red pimples :shrug: On the otherhand I think he washes his face too much, like four times a day. I keep telling him that will aggrevate it and make it worse but he wont listen. :naughty: My mom is turning 57 in June and she only gets pimples every once in a blue moon

Oh, YIPPIE!!!! so glad to hear that one and as if I don't already have to contend with wrinkles and the beginnings of menopause I still deal with acne and all of its dirty little tricks!

Well, I'm 25 and I'm still battling acne. :wall: My derm told me that people suffering from acne may have to deal with it right into their 30s or so. Sigh.

as long as you have chronic inflammation and oily skin you will probably continue to have at least mild acne

Remember that the benefit to having that oily skin is less wrinkling! You may have acne, but you'll also have less wrinkling. I am 39. I'm very oily. I have two wrinkles. That is it.

yes but the sebum you are looking for is the thin kind you get from proper balancing of fats and avoiding simple carbs instead of the thick kind from which you can distinctly see blobs and clog your pores

I'm over 40 and still have adult acne off and on...maybe once a year. I know it's due to hormones and trying to get them under control. In the meantime, it's the pits to continue to fight this situation with everything available! Sorry ladies, but this may be true for you too.

There are plenty of people who have had absolutely terrible acne and it has subsided by the age of 20-24, but i think the problem is man made to a degree, as time goes on acne doesnt seem to improve, with the rise in pollution, and a shift to a more time consuming lifestyle, stress will increase and people will need the convience of processed and fast foods. Less time is available to relax or exercise and fresh healthy foods are becoming more and more expensive.