Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TXToastr

Relationships that acne has ruined (or other forms of hapiness)

I hate acne. I have no outlet for the pain it caused me except for this forum. Im not looking for any advice on what I should do/should have done or anything like that. Heres just a short story about how acne fucked up my hapiness and Im interested if other people have similiar stories, thats it.

I just came home after being away for college for four years. This girl I knew in high school started talking to me while I was away. I always liked her in high school she was really pretty to me. So right before I came back is started breaking out where as before I was always clear. So we start hanging out, and it was going awesome. For about a good month or two it couldnt have been better, I was falling in love with her. Then my acne started getting worse so I would try and avoid her for a couple days until it got better. Which worked she never really saw me with a bad break out. then the break outs started lasting longer so I would avoid her longer, hoping each day would be the last and I kept stretching it out. It got to the point where Im sure in her mind I was just some asshole or I was fooling around with another girl so she became more disinterested. She started calling less, and now I havent even seen her in about a month. No talking on the phone just nothing. Its over now, it got fucked up. Acne man. Screw this shit.

Some girls just don't care about your acne man. I do too have acne and my current gf didn't mind when we first met.

I feel really comfortable when I am with her and so is she.

Sometimes acne can really screw things up. I always felt self conscious with my first boyfriend because of my acne, even though he didn't mind. In the end it stuffed things up as I became overly paranoid for little reason. But then the latest guy I have been totally at ease with for some reason, and I barely notice my acne and I am quite good with everything. I think the thing is not to avoid someone cause of acne, but see how they react and if its a good reaction take confidence in it and the relationship.

I feel your pain.... The main reason i broke up with my freakin amazing girlfriend of 1 year, is because she was so gorgous i really just couldnt stand lookin so disgusting... She acted like she didnt care but i had no self esteem at all.... So we never went out, i stopped hanging out with her, and eventualy i broke up with her..... I was soo soo lonely after we broke up... Its been 6 months and i have moved on but i still wonder what could have been......

If i could go back in time, i wouldnt be such a "bitch" about my acne.... I shoulda told her how i felt instead of doing what i did.... I wouldnt even let her touch my face.... She had perfect skin, it just really made me depressed... But seriously if it was meant to be then maybe one day you will get bak together one day.... If you still really care about her, im sure you could try to start things over with her........ Tell her how you feel... thats just my 2 cents

Welp, changing directions a little bit here but I really do feel that I let acne prevent me from living out my dream of a singing career. Being self-conscience about my skin was a bitch for me.

Oh yeah, picture this: PrettyBrownEyes on stage and under hot bright lights,,,,,,,well, you get the picture.

But later on some how felt more comfortable and would do performances with my local band and it was still fun b/c singing is my hobby I guess you could say :whistle:

It's definitely the mind set that ruins relationships. I've found the best boy on the face of this entire planet that not only loves me for me, but thinks I'm the prettiest thing alive. I talk to him about my acne and he's my biggest support system (other than this forum, but I don't really know anyone here yet, I'm pretty new). He even holds me while I cry about my acne.

It's definitely the mind set that ruins relationships. I've found the best boy on the face of this entire planet that not only loves me for me, but thinks I'm the prettiest thing alive. I talk to him about my acne and he's my biggest support system (other than this forum, but I don't really know anyone here yet, I'm pretty new). He even holds me while I cry about my acne.

That is awesome to hear kookla. True gentleman indeed. :D

Acne has turned my whole world upside down. Even if the girl I like doesn't care about my face, I still feel like this pathetic piece of poop when i'm around her. How can I commit to a girl when i'm not even sure of myself.

That is awesome to hear kookla. True gentleman indeed. :D

Acne has turned my whole world upside down. Even if the girl I like doesn't care about my face, I still feel like this pathetic piece of poop when i'm around her. How can I commit to a girl when i'm not even sure of myself.

I've had acne since 4th grade. It's mild, with a few flare ups, but since I've known it longer than I've known real relationships, I've had no choice but to incorporate it into the mix. I honestly think the trick is not bottling it all up inside. If you've got someone that honestly cares for you, it shouldn't be a disaster to speak up and say, "Hey, my skin upsets me." *Shrug* That's when you know you've got a keeper.

I have never had a relationship for acne to destroy; nope, it always took care of any relationship, or any idea of a relationship, before it even started.

It ruined my last relationship because I became very insecure and I got jealous whenever my boyfriend would hang out with girls I thought were far prettier than I am. He got sick of dealing with it and bolted.

I am also afraid that if my acne doesn't completely clear up and my scars fade significantly more, by at least mid-summer, that I will feel too self conscious to go visit this guy I really like for a few days while he's on a cross-country tour with his band. I know that sometime he would see me without makeup and I want to feel good, especially because it will be the only chance I'll get to see him till late August.

oh def.. like every day screws my relationships.. i dont want to call my friends even.. just thinking they might come over when i dont have my makeup on.. just imagine.. and i dont even go downstairs until i know no one is in the house. AS for boyfriends.. i couldnt hack a relationship with him because of my insecurities with my skin.

[bitch slaps acne] :evil:

DIE DIE DIE!!

Okay, I feel a bit better.

[breathes]

Anyway, acne makes you feel like shit and makes you so insecure. I'm a pretty outgoing person most of the time, but when I start meeting new people, I'm awfully shy because I'm so insecure about my skin.

Sometimes, I try to look pass my whole acne problem but I just can't help feeling good about myself. I'm so insecure that I can't even tell the people I like that I like them. :doubt:

My acne/horrible complexion and insecurities have ruined every relationship or potential relationship. I'm a failure when it comes to women so I've given up going after them for the most part. Yup, I lead a lonely life.