Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anonymous00

Gentle Cleanser vs Benzoyl Peroxide

So I have pretty bad acne and I've been using proactiv and I don't like it very much so I'm thinking of using Daniel Kern's products. Should I get the gentle cleanser or the benzoyl peroxide? Do they work?

Thanks!

If you can afford it and don't mind waiting a week or so, I would definitely order Dan's BP and cleanser, they are both excellent products.

The regimen can work very well, but if you're going to start it make sure you're committed and follow it as closely as possible.

I think you can start the regimen using a gentle non-scrubby non-medicated cleanser from the drugstore (like Purpose Gentle Cleanser, either version of the Cetaphil liquid washes, Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser) and the Proactiv BP. You should get rid of the Proactiv face wash and toner, though, since the face wash is extremely irritating and the toner doesn't have enough glycolic acid in it to be useful. Get a moisturizer at the drugstore, too, like Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Complex 15 (at CVS only), Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, or Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer. After testing out the regimen with the Proactiv BP, once it runs out and you've decided to keep going, you definitely should get Dan's gel, it's unbeatable, there's no product available in stores that's even close to it in texture, effectiveness, cost per oz. You can also order Dan's cleanser when you order the BP too, though I haven't tried it myself because I've been happy enough with the cleansers I can get at a drugstore or Target.