Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bama2000

Dermaroller versus Needling?

Another interesting question. If you build collagen on the entire face with the dermroller, wouldnt it all just build up and only leave you with a softening effect? If you in just the scars then the tissue around it would stay at the same level but the scars would be augmented. I hope I made myself clear, but I have been wondering about this. I dont know if this only occurs in theory though.

Sam, interesting to note that at the bottom of that site it says needling can cause hypo and hyperpigmenation. I suspect they are using the more aggressive Roll-CIT, but still this concerns me.

Also, if you needle good skin and it increases the collagen it still seems like your results would not be as good because this would be elevated too. Yes, it would help..but wouldnt it be better to just needle the scar and only elevate this region and the keep the surrounding region at the same level?

Sam, interesting to note that at the bottom of that site it says needling can cause hypo and hyperpigmenation. I suspect they are using the more aggressive Roll-CIT, but still this concerns me.

Also, if you needle good skin and it increases the collagen it still seems like your results would not be as good because this would be elevated too. Yes, it would help..but wouldnt it be better to just needle the scar and only elevate this region and the keep the surrounding region at the same level?

So you are saying that collagen is produced in the scarred skin but not the good skin? This seems a little too selective for me. I guess I am just not convinced. I have not seen a logical explanation for this as of yet. I still believe in needling, I just want to get the best results.