Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Edge-EL

The short story of my battle, and why YOU SHOULD NOT GIVE UP.

Welcome to my post.

The information provided here I hope will make your life somewhat better after hearing my story, and I hope you will take from this hope, compassion, understanding, and realize what little things you have in life will overcome the focused thoughts of your appearance.

I've been a member here since 03', but oh have I had acne since ol' time ago. As you can see, I haven't visited this website in a year due to my last resort experience with Accutane. I'll get to that later, because I want to share to you a very important story that I probably won't be able to tell you to the fullest, but I hope my story will encourage you to not give up the hope it takes to survive.

So you say you have acne huh? Yeah, I've been there.

The days where you wake up and look in the mirror and instantly look away, weep in extraordinary frustration, anger, resentment and focused rage upon that one single instant in time where you gasp for breath, hoping it's all fake, the world you are surrounded in and have to finally go out and hope normal people won't sneer at your demises or downfalls that you didn't create, it happened due to WHOEVER knows.

I have been there.

I have seen it.

I have felt it.

I have dreaded it.

Slept in depression.

Stopped giving friends phone calls.

Stopped looking at my parents.

Avoiding bright lights.

Conversations of delirious schizophrenia that only I would understand, simply because I'm the only one that understands.

Reading tons of bullshit posts about something that magically works and you try it, and it fails so bad you have 2x the amount of acne the next day and you are back to square one.

Sure, people on the internet have their problems but they don't have a life like me, do they?

Facing people a certain way because your acne is worse on a certain side of your face.

Day by day, wondering if this is all a stupid lucid dream that you can't wake up from.

Standing unusually far away from someone so your acne doesn't look so prominent as it does from being up close.

Spending hours upon hours hours upon hours hours upon hours hours upon hours hours upon hours hours upon hours, and let me say this again hours upon hours of looking in the mirror, looking up, down, left, right, saying to yourself,

"I can't take this shit. I fucking hate myself. I don't care if it isn't my fault, because I'm obviously doing something wrong. People just really can't understand this, and it's absolutely unbelievable because I'm not a normal person with this. People think they can understand, but they aren't me so how in the fuck could they know?"

So there I was, writing a note of departure due to the unbelievable pain I was causing everyone else. It really wasn't my inside pain that made this decision for me, because I was already encumbered, overcome, by it's natural force, even though it's not like I wanted to, I just didn't need to exist anymore. Why? Existence was overrated I thought, and people would easily go on without me just like everything else in life does. I thought it would never go away.

Except for one thing: Accutane.

I tried everything. Soaps, regimens, creams, pastes, pills, supplements, prescriptions, holistics, steams, everything you could possibly imagine I took.

6 months of insane dry skin I had to endure after I realized my goal in life wasn't just to get acne to go away, but was to cure my mindsickness, my delirious delusions of insane thinking because I know I could fucking do it better than anyone else. I tried. I tried. I tried. I tried.

Something worked. For you, it might not just be accutane, but eventually something will work. Something will work. Something will work. Just keep on saying that to yourself. Something will work. Hell, even if it's time, time > any cure anyway.

If you have any kind of moderate/borderline severe acne, do not hesitate for one nanosecond of time.

GET IT NOW.

It was my ticket out of manaic depression, my whole entire life has changed. Do I still get the occasional pimple? Of course I do. Do I still have rolling scars? Sure. Do I care? No. Why? because I don't have to worry about putting on some bullshit regimen that in the end fucks up your face (id say half the shit I put on my face fucked it up more than acne did for 8 years) and just realize that you will find something that will work eventually. Don't let anyone tell you that something won't work, because everyone is different.

Even if i'm clear now, I thought I would be different after my acne would clear up. Wrong. I just have more to look forward to in life, but instead of hating everything for such a ridiculous and absurd reason I just look for my niche in life, stick to it and say:

"Screw the haters. They aren't me. I don't care about them. This is my life. This is my life."

This is my life.

It works better than anything else you could possibly ever try in your entire life. Trust me, I've been in those shoes for those of you who are/were in a similar boat in mine. I've still got aways to go to having normal skin, but for now I'm happy. I just wish I could of realized it sooner.

I hope it gives you something to look forward to people. Pictures of my current self and replies can also be reached at my facebook. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=569335275 Hit me up sometime, All of you are my friends here. I promise you that I wouldn't be here today if this website didn't exist.

Thanks for reading my post, and if you didn't read it, to sum it up:

DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE PERIOD.

..because your clear your saying such thing.., too bad it doesnt really help much and specialy when you said..accutane.., that thing i wouldnt take no matter what.

He is right though.

Don't give up. Usually when one is clear they realize all the time they've wasted trying to clear up and know what they've missed out on in life because of it.

Welcome to my post.

The information provided here I hope will make your life somewhat better after hearing my story, and I hope you will take from this hope, compassion, understanding, and realize what little things you have in life will overcome the focused thoughts of your appearance.

I've been a member here since 03', but oh have I had acne since ol' time ago. As you can see, I haven't visited this website in a year due to my last resort experience with Accutane. I'll get to that later, because I want to share to you a very important story that I probably won't be able to tell you to the fullest, but I hope my story will encourage you to not give up the hope it takes to survive.

So you say you have acne huh? Yeah, I've been there.

The days where you wake up and look in the mirror and instantly look away, weep in extraordinary frustration, anger, resentment and focused rage upon that one single instant in time where you gasp for breath, hoping it's all fake, the world you are surrounded in and have to finally go out and hope normal people won't sneer at your demises or downfalls that you didn't create, it happened due to WHOEVER knows.

I have been there.

I have seen it.

I have felt it.

I have dreaded it.

Slept in depression.

Stopped giving friends phone calls.

Stopped looking at my parents.

Avoiding bright lights.

Conversations of delirious schizophrenia that only I would understand, simply because I'm the only one that understands.

Reading tons of bullshit posts about something that magically works and you try it, and it fails so bad you have 2x the amount of acne the next day and you are back to square one.

Sure, people on the internet have their problems but they don't have a life like me, do they?

Facing people a certain way because your acne is worse on a certain side of your face.

Day by day, wondering if this is all a stupid lucid dream that you can't wake up from.

Standing unusually far away from someone so your acne doesn't look so prominent as it does from being up close.

Spending hours upon hours hours upon hours hours upon hours hours upon hours hours upon hours hours upon hours, and let me say this again hours upon hours of looking in the mirror, looking up, down, left, right, saying to yourself,

"I can't take this shit. I fucking hate myself. I don't care if it isn't my fault, because I'm obviously doing something wrong. People just really can't understand this, and it's absolutely unbelievable because I'm not a normal person with this. People think they can understand, but they aren't me so how in the fuck could they know?"

So there I was, writing a note of departure due to the unbelievable pain I was causing everyone else. It really wasn't my inside pain that made this decision for me, because I was already encumbered, overcome, by it's natural force, even though it's not like I wanted to, I just didn't need to exist anymore. Why? Existence was overrated I thought, and people would easily go on without me just like everything else in life does. I thought it would never go away.

Except for one thing: Accutane.

I tried everything. Soaps, regimens, creams, pastes, pills, supplements, prescriptions, holistics, steams, everything you could possibly imagine I took.

6 months of insane dry skin I had to endure after I realized my goal in life wasn't just to get acne to go away, but was to cure my mindsickness, my delirious delusions of insane thinking because I know I could fucking do it better than anyone else. I tried. I tried. I tried. I tried.

Something worked. For you, it might not just be accutane, but eventually something will work. Something will work. Something will work. Just keep on saying that to yourself. Something will work. Hell, even if it's time, time > any cure anyway.

If you have any kind of moderate/borderline severe acne, do not hesitate for one nanosecond of time.

GET IT NOW.

It was my ticket out of manaic depression, my whole entire life has changed. Do I still get the occasional pimple? Of course I do. Do I still have rolling scars? Sure. Do I care? No. Why? because I don't have to worry about putting on some bullshit regimen that in the end fucks up your face (id say half the shit I put on my face fucked it up more than acne did for 8 years) and just realize that you will find something that will work eventually. Don't let anyone tell you that something won't work, because everyone is different.

Even if i'm clear now, I thought I would be different after my acne would clear up. Wrong. I just have more to look forward to in life, but instead of hating everything for such a ridiculous and absurd reason I just look for my niche in life, stick to it and say:

"Screw the haters. They aren't me. I don't care about them. This is my life. This is my life."

This is my life.

It works better than anything else you could possibly ever try in your entire life. Trust me, I've been in those shoes for those of you who are/were in a similar boat in mine. I've still got aways to go to having normal skin, but for now I'm happy. I just wish I could of realized it sooner.

I hope it gives you something to look forward to people. Pictures of my current self and replies can also be reached at my facebook. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=569335275 Hit me up sometime, All of you are my friends here. I promise you that I wouldn't be here today if this website didn't exist.

Thanks for reading my post, and if you didn't read it, to sum it up:

DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE PERIOD.

Thanks for the post... I totally understand what your talking about... Im staying in this fight til the end whether it takes all my life... Acne has really destroyed my self esteem, but slowly but surely it is coming bak... And before i had acne i was self conscious about my body, now its acne... Even if i had a perfect body and or no acne im sure i would find something to hate about myself...

Im sure alot of people can learn from what your saying..... Thanks for taking the time

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad that you've found something that has worked for you!

YOU DO NOT GET MANIC DEPRESSION FROM ACNE. You were depresed. It was situational. please do not mix up the two. I'm glad you feel better now but please learn the facts before you sling around diagnoses.

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad that you've found something that has worked for you!

YOU DO NOT GET MANIC DEPRESSION FROM ACNE. You were depresed. It was situational. please do not mix up the two. I'm glad you feel better now but please learn the facts before you sling around diagnoses.
Relax. It is probably just a misunderstanding in terminology. Most people don't realize that manic-depressive disorder is actually Bipolar Disorder, and that the term manic-depression is rarely used anymore in the diagnositic field. If you do want to go there, the stress experienced by moderate to severe acne can trigger BPD in individuals who have a genetic predisposition to the disorder.

No need to jump all over the guy because of this.

Eric, thanks again for sharing your story. I know a lot of people are going through the same/similar thing and can gain inspiration from your story.

Parts of your story reminded me so much of myself. The parts about bright lights, standing far away, low self esteem in general. I have to say that the only thing that seems to keep me from totally becoming a prisoner in my own home is my family and friends. If not for them I think I would rarely leave home!

I worry endlessly about whether my children will have the same skin problems as I do. I only hope I will be able to cure myself eventually so I can help them if they have acne.

Thanks for sharing your story. The best of luck to you in the future!

Relax. It is probably just a misunderstanding in terminology. Most people don't realize that manic-depressive disorder is actually Bipolar Disorder, and that the term manic-depression is rarely used anymore in the diagnositic field. If you do want to go there, the stress experienced by moderate to severe acne can trigger BPD in individuals who have a genetic predisposition to the disorder.

No need to jump all over the guy because of this.

Eric, thanks again for sharing your story. I know a lot of people are going through the same/similar thing and can gain inspiration from your story.

..because your clear your saying such thing.., too bad it doesnt really help much and specialy when you said..accutane.., that thing i wouldnt take no matter what.

And why wouldn't you take accutane? I don't understand why people are so against it... Its only done wonders for me with very minimal side effects.

And why wouldn't you take accutane? I don't understand why people are so against it... Its only done wonders for me with very minimal side effects.

so many losers around here who dont wanna go on accutane.what a BUNCH of wusses!!!!

to original poster.WELL DONE for taking accutane just like me.

IM 100% CLEAR

IM 100% CLEAR

IM 100% CLEAR

IM 100% CLEAR

IM 100% CLEAR

IM 100% CLEAR

CAN YOU READ that all you accutane haters :blink: it just saddens me how you can sit there with those 'pathetic' regimens that hardly work or make ur face so dry and red.and 2ndly to judge a drug youve NEVER taken :blink:i dont have to take 10-20 mins a day on my face.that alone is worth the dryness of accutane.but its fine...ur choice.ul get scars if you dont stop acne in its tracks :shrug:

I think the problem is, some people do get pretty bad side effects and it's a gamble to see whether you are the ones who will lose 10% of your hair, or have bad joints. What I'm even more worried about is a severe liver disease 20 years down the line...

I think the problem is, some people do get pretty bad side effects and it's a gamble to see whether you are the ones who will lose 10% of your hair, or have bad joints. What I'm even more worried about is a severe liver disease 20 years down the line...

Sometimes you have to pay a price to get something you really want. I'm obviously not talking about the liver disease, which has a lot of complicating variables than just taking Accutane. I know that if I had severe acne, I would do anything to get clear. Even take a drug with potentially unpleasant side effects. Clear skin is just important to me.

been bothered by acne for 1.5 years it was like hell , i got light red spots now but my life is back on track. plz dont lose hope people !!!!!