Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rgx

Regarding the Regime

So far my left side of my face cleared up really nice. it hasnt even been a week and i have nothing on my left side of my face. just scars...but my right side of my face is breaking out like crazy!! i do not know whats causing it but my ride side of my face is a mess...but left side and my forehead is clean.

has anyone experience this?

The first month or two on the regimen is kind of an acne rollercoaster ride. You might find that your face starts clearing dramatically, only to have a new big breakout, or you might not see any results for a long time and then all of a sudden your face looks amazing. I think the reason that one side of your face is clear and the other is not is probably just due to coincidence, though if you are sleeping on the same side of your face all the time, talking on the phone on that side of your face a lot, etc., then you might be rubbing oil and bacteria into that side of your face. Changing your pillowcases more often would be a very good idea, but in the meantime, just be patient with the regimen--it takes time!

The first month or two on the regimen is kind of an acne rollercoaster ride. You might find that your face starts clearing dramatically, only to have a new big breakout, or you might not see any results for a long time and then all of a sudden your face looks amazing. I think the reason that one side of your face is clear and the other is not is probably just due to coincidence, though if you are sleeping on the same side of your face all the time, talking on the phone on that side of your face a lot, etc., then you might be rubbing oil and bacteria into that side of your face. Changing your pillowcases more often would be a very good idea, but in the meantime, just be patient with the regimen--it takes time!

I was thinking that also. But I usually sleep straight. I have no idea why I'm breaking out like this. I talk on the cellphone but it never touches my face. I had really clear skin until january...i'm 24 yrs old, and JUST started breakin out. I don't have alot of pimples, But I do have BIG ones. It's usually around the jaw line, below the temple and on my right cheek. It's really frustrating because ever since I got breakouts, my confidence shot down quite a bit, and I used to be super confident, and meeting new girls seems like a bit more of a challenge...maybe it's in my head but it just seems harder to get my cockiness back out.

I thought it was the supplements I was taking. So I stopped taking my multi, and only been taking 3g of pantothenic acid, vitamin b-50 complex, and started fish oil today. I'm just wondering what could have caused this break out...literally out of no where...I'm at work and bored...very quiet at the bank today. :think:

Why do breakouts happen? Thats the million dollar question around here. Unfortunately the answer is different for each individual. The bright side is that it will clear up on the DKR. My problem area was my right jawline. It was constantly broke out even when the rest of my face was clear. After being on the regimen for almost 2 months my right jawline is finally clear for the first time in a couple years. Theres not a single red inflamed zit on my face today. I still have flesh colored bumps but those will take time. Hang in there! Do the regimen religiously and be patient. It wont happen over night and you might have a couple breakouts in the process but you will see a difference if you stick with it. Soon you will notice that the healin process is much faster than it used to be. Pimples that used to take a week to go away will start disappearing alot faster. Keep pushin. You can do it! Lorrie