Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WolfNerd

Is fruit juice okay?

I've been trying to drink just water and seltzer but the complete lack of sugar is extremely difficult to swallow ( pun intended). Is stuff like apple and orange juice okay? I'm of course talking about drinks that are 100% juice with no additives, not stuff like fruit punch.

Also does anyone know if corn syrup solids is the same thing as HFCS or is it okay for consumption.

I've been trying to drink just water and seltzer but the complete lack of sugar is extremely difficult to swallow ( pun intended). Is stuff like apple and orange juice okay? I'm of course talking about drinks that are 100% juice with no additives, not stuff like fruit punch.

Also does anyone know if corn syrup solids is the same thing as HFCS or is it okay for consumption.

Try adding some juice to your glass of water :) I do this all the time. You'll never be able to drink plain juice again, it'll taste really sweet and gross. You'll get used to mixing it with water after a while

Juice that is too watery tastes bad :confused:, however there is those fruit flavoured waters so maybe it tastes ok like that..

haha i dont know if it matters, All i drink is water, fruit juices and teas. Any type of orange juice, apple juice, grapefruit juice etc. Mostly because they all have different vitamins in them, ornage juice has vitamin c which is good for facial redness. so i would say yea thats cool.

I vote for the fruit flavored waters. I buy a case at a time, so they are always around, and don't have any trouble grabbing one of those instead of soda or orange juice.

no it isn't okay, the impact on your insulin is way too severe even with homemade fruit juice

just stick to eating whole fruit like apples

most commercial juices have added sugars in them or some type of preservative...you'd be better off making your own or making a smoothie or something.

Try not to depend on those highly sugared fruit juices, even ones that supposedly contain 100% Vitamin C because they usually hardly do your body any good. Try sticking to fresh juices; the best way is if you have a juice extractor or juice machine, buy fruit from the market and go home and make your own juice...fresh.

Vegetables are also great for your skin. In fact, I drink mostly vegetable juices. I recommened blending juices of all these together:

Carrots

Red cabbage

Apples

Celery

My acne faded a lot and my face is pretty clear since I started drinking fresh juices 2 weeks ago. Like all remedies, results may vary, but I think because vegetables are nutrition, and everybody needs vitamins and such, drinking juice should help most people.

Also, try drinking green tea on a regular basis. And, sure water gets boring, but it's still good for you.

How about some Gatorade? Man, I used to live off that stuff. Be sure you're sort of active, though, I don't think that's really that healthy for people who don't engage in some physical activity. Also don't drink too much at once, it is possible to get too many electrolytes...I knew someone who went to the hospital for drinking too much Gatorade (I know, weird, right? But true).

gatorade is bad even for those who are frequently active, whether it be cardio or resistance training

and what are these electrolytes exactly ?

sodium ?

potassium ?

magnesium ?

calcium ?

chloride ?

oxides ?

just chug water while you are active then eat a good protein + carb meal after

when gatorade says its " packed with electrolytes and energy to help you recover and keep you going" what i really means is " gatorade is packed with sugar and non-exsistent minerals to create a cheap drink to sell for a big profit". Its lolly water.

is drinking those fruit smoothies and mixes from like odwalla okay? i've been drinking their carrot and apple mixes and stuff... because carrots and apples are supposedly good for the skin. haven't been breaking out from it, haven't been seeing drastic improvement. doesn't taste that bad either!

i really like vitaminwater - esp the pink, reds, and yellow flavors. not a fan of those fruit20's though - taste like sour water to me, lol.

...Try adding some juice to your glass of water :) I do this all the time. You'll never be able to drink plain juice again, it'll taste really sweet and gross. You'll get used to mixing it with water after a while

...Try adding some juice to your glass of water :) I do this all the time. You'll never be able to drink plain juice again, it'll taste really sweet and gross. You'll get used to mixing it with water after a while

Wow! Another person who thinks juice is just too sweet-tasting by itself! I think so, too. I add juice to seltzer water, barely any juice and a lot of seltzer. It is just too sickeningly sweet, even the pure fruit juice with no added sugars are just too sweet. I will eat whole fruit, but then I have to drink some water to help dilute the sweet taste. ;) Except Granny Smith Apples. They're sublime all by themselves.

Try adding some juice to your glass of water :) I do this all the time. You'll never be able to drink plain juice again, it'll taste really sweet and gross. You'll get used to mixing it with water after a while

Drink rooibos. It's better than green tea, caffeine free and I love it! Haven't touched normal breakfast tea since I discovered it. Google it if you don't know what it is.