Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joey.

Injecting Red Scars

I can't decide on a treatment for my scars and all these posts are driving me crazy. I was wondering I could just get injections into my scars even though they are still red. Is this a bad idea?

definately seek a professional advice hey....maybe if they are still red then they are still healing and there is something that can be done to make them not so dramatic/noticeable one the redness fades.....but get along to a qualified dermatologist now hey...

good luck

I can't decide on a treatment for my scars and all these posts are driving me crazy. I was wondering I could just get injections into my scars even though they are still red. Is this a bad idea?

By injections you mean fillers? Best to wait 12 months to see how it heals on its own. Just keep it moisturised and light massage. If you want to treat redness, silicone sheet / Mederma can sometimes help, and YAG, V Beam are options. There is a risk of overcorrecting if you place fillers too early.

I was thinking Vbeam but don't want to get bad results? I've heard horror stories on here. I was also thinking Co2. blah, I'm so confused.

Retinoids and hydroquinone help with red marks. The scars may not be as noticeable after the red marks fade. When the redness is gone you can then decide what you wish to do with the scarring if there is any left.