Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simo_8

Skin coloured bumps and clogged pores

Do the skin coloured bumps and clogged pores all eventually get pushed out with inflammation while on Accutane? In certain lighting I can see quite a few on my cheeks and around my mouth where I tend to shave more. If they all get pushed out into inflamed pimples, it will be disastrous for me!!! I've read with some people they just disappear and others talk about how they get pushed out and get big and red during the treatment.

i have the same stuff going on. So far nothing has happened with them... they've just sat there. I've noticed a lot more of them on my forehead since beginning accutane as well.

I'm in the same boat as you guys and have been looking for answers myself. Like you, I know it will be a disaster if they all come out at once, but at the same time, I wish they would make up there mind. They just been hanging out on my cheeks and around my mouth for about a month now:(

I don't mind them sticking around because they aren't THAT noticeable but I just hope they eventually disappear during my treatment rather than grow into something bigger!!

just dont squeeze them!!! I had 2 bumps like that under my eyes, and I tried to squeeze them out, OMG BIG MISTAKE! THEY HAVE BECOME BIG RED BUMPS THAT WILL TAKE AT LEAST A MONTH TO GO AWAY!!!!!

so DO NOT squeeze those!!!!!!!

Believe me RiceBall. I learned my lesson the hardway as well... I know to leave them alone now like I leave the rest of my pimples... even the bigger, poppable ones. But what sucks is, sometimes the bigger ones dry up and as I wash my face, the deadskin or scab becomes soft and comes off... and everything comes pouring out. So it ends up popping on it's own. It's frustrating especially when you've been so good at not picking at it yourself!

But I definitely don't touch the tiny ones... because there are just too many of them to go around trying to squeeze them all!!

I have had the exact same thing happen to mine. Almost every whitehead I get scabs over on it's own and no matter how hard I try to keep it on there, they always fall of prematurely when I wash my face or shower. It sucks so much after letting the damn things sit on your face, just to have them pop on their own!

But as for the bumps and clogged pores, I have aked this question before on here but have gotten little response. They aren't too noticable on me either, but they definitely don't look too hot. I have heard that they can stay around forever and that you have to get them extracted:( I'm hoping that they will start to disappear once I finish this 2nd month, but that's just me hoping. I should be fine as long as I don't get many more. Right now, if I flatten my cheek from the inside with my tongue, they are very noticable and I see them everywhere! Errrrrr!!!!

Do the skin coloured bumps and clogged pores all eventually get pushed out with inflammation while on Accutane? In certain lighting I can see quite a few on my cheeks and around my mouth where I tend to shave more. If they all get pushed out into inflamed pimples, it will be disastrous for me!!! I've read with some people they just disappear and others talk about how they get pushed out and get big and red during the treatment.

Well all of this so far is definitely worth clear skin in the end. But it's the matter of staying in that mindset at all times.

I know I should expect some to come out and turn into big pimples... but when you say 'a lot were just purged out', did they just fall off without getting inflamed? I just hope the clogged pores don't all have to turn big and red before they can actually disappear.

Well all of this so far is definitely worth clear skin in the end. But it's the matter of staying in that mindset at all times.

I know I should expect some to come out and turn into big pimples... but when you say 'a lot were just purged out', did they just fall off without getting inflamed? I just hope the clogged pores don't all have to turn big and red before they can actually disappear.

Cool...thanks! I hope this is what happens with the majority of these skin coloured bumps. There are just WAYYY to many of them to have them grow into bigger nastier things.

Hey I still have those damned skin colored bumps (closed comedones?) and clogged pores! Are any of you guys still dealing with them?

I think I have fewer now but probably because a bunch of them ended up getting inflamed and then popping and/or disappearing. Still have quite a few though... maybe even a few new ones. I think some are caused when shaving with ingrown hairs or whatever.

I'm only on day 36 btw.

Hey thanks for replying. I am just finishing my 7th full week today and since the last time I posted about this topic, I have gotten a few new ones:( errrr!!!! But, like you, a couple of old ones eventually became inflamed and did there thing. Although I never touched them, they tended to scab over which has me pretty freaked about them scarring. However, most of them have been a part of my life for the last month and a half now. I 'm starting to think about naming them:)

Hey I still have those damned skin colored bumps (closed comedones?) and clogged pores! Are any of you guys still dealing with them?

That's interesting reading. Have any of you tried mild, gentle, mechanical exfoliation or even some massage of the skin with your moisturizer (followed by a warm, not hot wash) to see if that will help those skin colored bumps on their way? I realize you all are on Accutane and thus your skin is ultra-sensitive. Exfoliation is recommended for those not on Accutane, even gentle exfoliation with a baby brush might be too harsh on Accutane skin. You could try it in one small area and see if it might be tolerable and not cause any sensitivity.

My entire chin area was covered in those. I could only see them when I take my tongue and push my lower mouth area out, stretching the skin. In hindsight, these clogged pores were almost like a blueprint or preview to where I was going to be breaking out throughout the course. I was horrified when I saw that there were at least 100 or more. This has held true for the most part, as I'm only breaking out where these clogged pores are, with the exception of a few stragglers in other places.

I'm in month three and I've noticed that occasionally they emerge, but not all at the same time. I'll have a breakout and 10 will emerge and get inflamed, then a week will go by and the other side will have a few come out. Some have disappeared without emerging, but plenty of them have made quite the exit. I think it's a mixed bag with these clogged pores. The good thing is when I get these breakouts, after they clear and I can see my skin again those pores are gone and haven't returned. It's just a relatively slow removal process...

Thanks everyone for replying!

Wynne,

Like you said, in the past I would get one of these and could get rid of it by exfoliating and using Salysilic Acid. However, being on accutane currently, as you pointed out, there's not much I can do because my skin is so sensitive. That's the dilema I have? Maybe I can experiment with an extremely gentle exfoliation and see what happens?

Nomattic,

I do the same thing with my tongue and it sucks to see how many there are. When did you see the first ones starting to go away? I think mine are getting inflamed slowly, but I only pray that not all of them do because that would be a disaster!

That's interesting reading. Have any of you tried mild, gentle, mechanical exfoliation or even some massage of the skin with your moisturizer (followed by a warm, not hot wash) to see if that will help those skin colored bumps on their way? I realize you all are on Accutane and thus your skin is ultra-sensitive. Exfoliation is recommended for those not on Accutane, even gentle exfoliation with a baby brush might be too harsh on Accutane skin. You could try it in one small area and see if it might be tolerable and not cause any sensitivity.

when no blood come out off my spots i don't have red mark, but when he come out with blood, a beaautiful red mark is here!

I'm experiencing the exact same thing as you all.

There are hundreds of tiny, clogged pores.

I got really frustrated tonight and picked my face like CRAZY with a comedone extractor. I'm sure I'll break out like hell now :-(

I'm going to cover my face in BP and hope it kills most of the bacteria.

Has anyone had these things clear up yet, or are we stuck with them forever?

Time for an update! I am in my 4th month of tane and am still plagued by these white bumps. A small few went away (the inflamed way unfortunately) but for the most part they're still here. It's been months now of staring at the same damned clogged pores:/ Anyone else had any improvements?

Time for an update! I am in my 4th month of tane and am still plagued by these white bumps. A small few went away (the inflamed way unfortunately) but for the most part they're still here. It's been months now of staring at the same damned clogged pores:/ Anyone else had any improvements?

I'm so sick and tired to wait for the solid bumps and oil bumps to heal although it have been there for only 2 weeks. I do not want to wait anymore, so I apply retin a on them (even though I knew that I shouldn't have done that as I'm currently on accutane). And hope that it will unclog them and remove them soon.