Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive started accutane 2 weeks ago, my dermatologist reccommend taking 20 mg a day for the 1st week. Then 40 mg a day for the 2nd. Approaching the 3rd week for 60 mg a day.

Since ive been on accutane the color of my semen has turned red? Im guessing is blood. Is this normal? Will it stop after I finish the course of 6 months or sooner?

Thank you

Ive started accutane 2 weeks ago, my dermatologist reccommend taking 20 mg a day for the 1st week. Then 40 mg a day for the 2nd. Approaching the 3rd week for 60 mg a day.

Since ive been on accutane the color of my semen has turned red? Im guessing is blood. Is this normal? Will it stop after I finish the course of 6 months or sooner?

Thank you

Its certainly not normal. It might just be due to cracked skin...i dunno how much blood there is....but def go see/ask a doctor asap

"Blood in ejaculated semen (hemospermia) is relatively uncommon and rarely serious. In most cases, the cause can't be determined, and the problem goes away without treatment. However, known causes of blood in semen include inflammation, infection and blockage or injury to the prostate gland or seminal vesicles. Also, following a prostate biopsy, it is common to have blood-tinged semen for four or five subsequent ejaculations.

A doctor may be able to determine the cause of blood in semen based on:

* Physical examination

* Urine tests (urinalysis)

* Blood tests

Treatment is directed at the underlying cause when possible. If a man notices blood in his semen, he should consult his doctor."