Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blushy

Anyone use desonide?

Does anyone now use, or has anyone in the past used desonide lotion? It's not doing much good on me. Of course I'm scared to use it twice daily, considering it says it's a topical corticosteroid. I can't help but think that to an extent it can be absorbed into the system, and as I've had bad luck with steroids while on them for my lupus, I'm leary. But if you do use it twice daily does it do any good?

Thanks everyone :)

Does anyone now use, or has anyone in the past used desonide lotion? It's not doing much good on me. Of course I'm scared to use it twice daily, considering it says it's a topical corticosteroid. I can't help but think that to an extent it can be absorbed into the system, and as I've had bad luck with steroids while on them for my lupus, I'm leary. But if you do use it twice daily does it do any good?

Thanks everyone :)

I used it when I had chronic inflammation in my scars and while it did help temporarily, I think in the long term it is bad for you and may have made my scars worse. Stay away from the corticosteroids for sure.

I used it to calm the irritation caused by Retin-A. It temporalriy cleared my skin. I then got steriod induced rosacea from it, which is how I ended up with rosacea.

Oh wow. Thankfully, I've not been using it on a regular basis. I'm to see my dermatologist Wednesday, I'm going to tell him to keep me away from the corticosteroids, forget that. All I need is something making it worse in the long run. I'd been on retin-a before, and it tore my skin apart. It itched, was 50x more red than it ever was to begin with. Never again. I just don't know what my solution is, and if he can be trusted with it. Thanks for the replies though, I'll continue to stay away from them. :)