Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WalkTheWire

Polychlorinated Biphenyl.

I was watching the news last night, and there was a story about the local Airforce base, at which the soil surrounding housing on the base was contaminated with Polychlorinated Biphenyl -- a family of highly toxic chemical compounds consisting of two benzene rings in which chlorine takes the place of two or more hydrogen atoms. It's known to cause skin diseases and suspected of causing birth defects and cancer.

I was astounded when the news anchor mentioned that it could cause acne-like skin conditions. I'm not a scientist; I'm not sure how much research has been involved in regards to PCB and acne. But, could the plausibility of most people's acne conditions be caused by exposure to PCB? Or is this theory inherently nullified because of the genetic factor?

I was just curious. If anyone can shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Guest ~Wolfy~
Wow he looks like two different persons. If I were looking at one photo I would never match it with his 'after' photo. Feel bad for the guy.

He won the election after the dirty tricks played by the other side and seems to be improving from the photos I've seen. Chloracne can last 10 years or more, but they've given him treatment to reduce his levels much more quickly than normal.