Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MMAnne

Jojoba oil brands?

Hey!

I'm looking at getting Jojoba Oil to help with healing and red marks, but I am unsure of what I'm looking for?

Are there different types? Do I need to get one that is specifically for my face?

Also, what brands are best? I wouldn't mind a list of some good ones (if there is such thing) because they mightn't have all of them here in Aussie.

Thanks!

Michelle

Please dont use Jojoba Oil by itself. I woke up with ten pimples under my chin because of the Jojoba Oil. The moderator Ayla had terrible luck with it to

Please dont use Jojoba Oil by itself. I woke up with ten pimples under my chin because of the Jojoba Oil. The moderator Ayla had terrible luck with it to

Yes, I read a thread about some people's difficulties with Jojoba oil, but I feel as though I should try it. Everybody has different reactions to different products and while I have sensitive skin it seems to deal with new products fairly well.

Jojoba oil, from what I have read, seems to have a pretty good reputation and while some have problems with the product, many do not and reccommend it highly.

I have heard it has healing and moisuturising properties and also helps fade red marks faster.

I think I should give it a fair go.

Also, when you say 'by itself' do you mean it is safer using it with another product? I have heard of people using it with Cetaphil, which I use at the moment. Would it be better using the oil with that first, to introduce it?

Also, on top of my other questions, does anyone know where to get it? I have tried two pharmacies with no luck. Maybe the supermarket? Health food store? I'm clueless!

Thanks,

Michelle.

I bought mine off eBay as not many places have jojoba in its pureform in australia. Have a look on there. Natural'n'More really impressed me- cheap and easy to get.

Don't Use Jojoba oil! Use ACV! Oils don't work, unless you have extremely dry skin. But I've tried so many different kinds of oils and moisturizers. I now don't use any moisturizer, just 100% acv, even after glycolic peels!

speaking of ACV, I use ACV as a toner and apply some lac-hydrin five afterwards. works great and my skin loves it. haven't used jojoba oil before so I really can't say anything about it.

by the way, lac-hydrin five is a excellent moisturizer because its an alpha hydroxy acid lotion. I would def use some type of moisturizer though because dry skin is the devil and will only create future break outs. especially if you use a face cleanser that drys your face out, moisturizing is a must.