Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok. So I see a lot of posts on here about the relation between sex and acne. What happens during sex is an increase in testosterone in women, and a decrease in testosterone in men. So if a person's acne was hormonal, theoretically, wouldn't acne get better in men, and worse in women? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hmmm. Well My acne hasnt seen any changes during the times I was having sex in relation to when I dont. Maybe the change is so small that its un-noticeable. It would be cool to find the real answer :>

I dont know any of this for sure, but I think what your missing is that in males, after sex the body starts to replace the testosterone it used, so that would be the increase. And if a guy was sexually inactive for a while the testosterone level would level out...? I dont really put much stake in the whole sex and acne thing but thats my best understanding of what your saying.

Guest ~Wolfy~

I was just reading how acne is associated with a high DHEAS level in men, and a high IGF-1 level in women.

DHEAS is converted to DHT in the pores apparently which is the baddy. I forget the mechanism for IGF-1 for women.

High hormone levels like DHT are also associated with feeling randy, so maybe there's a common factor between them.

DHT is also responsible for male pattern baldness. It's a lose/lose situation for us acne suffering men :/

Guest ~Wolfy~
DHT is also responsible for male pattern baldness. It's a lose/lose situation for us acne suffering men :/

Guest WhiteWater
Ok. So I see a lot of posts on here about the relation between sex and acne. What happens during sex is an increase in testosterone in women, and a decrease in testosterone in men. So if a person's acne was hormonal, theoretically, wouldn't acne get better in men, and worse in women? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

haha ..to be honest i have'nt have sex in 2 month ...my skin has been improve a lot since that...i meant a lot..no more acne coming back..like it used to be..iam so happy with my skin right now

I know there is a relationship between the 2.

I actually managed to go about 4 / 5 months one time without giving in to temptation. Was very clear the whole time.

Couldnt stand it any longer and got Accutane. Still ...... i'm not pushing my luck just yet. I'll wait till the course is over !