Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Edit: Paulas Choice hasnt been working so now I am willing to try something else, BUT I need help from you guys

I have only used Paulas Choice for a month. I know you are supposed to give it six to eight weeks but I just cannot. It makes my face very dry, red and irritate (the pimples and my cheeks are as red as a tomato), and I have all over fifty small whiteheads on both cheeks that I didnt have until I started using Paulas Choice One Step Facial Cleanser. Im not using it anymore. I give up! Can you guys please recommend a mild facial cleanser that doesnt contain any SA or any SLS.?

Opps I didnt mean to put this in the lounge. I meant to put it under general acne products. If a mod could please move it I would be very greatful

are you just using the cleanser? because the cleanser isn't even medicated..

I use that and then I use moisturizer. I just started using Eucerin Redness Relief with SPF in the mornings and Olay for Sensitive Skin at night. Before I was just using the Olay twice a day. Other than that I dont put anything else on my face. I dont like retinoids. They do not agree with me so that is not an option

are you just using the cleanser? because the cleanser isn't even medicated..

I use that and then I use moisturizer. I just started using Eucerin Redness Relief with SPF in the mornings and Olay for Sensitive Skin at night. Before I was just using the Olay twice a day. Other than that I dont put anything else on my face. I dont like retinoids. They do not agree with me so that is not an option

Clean and Clear skin cleanser for Sensitive Skin. Paula recommends it and it hasn;t aggravated my excema skin at all.

Are there any cleansers that dont contain SLS?! Every cleanser I look up has SLS in it. That is supposed to be one of the worst ingredients

If it's further down the list it's okay...you'll be hard-pressed to find one that doesn't contain SLS. BUt note that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is WORSE than sodium laureth sulfate.

If it's further down the list it's okay...you'll be hard-pressed to find one that doesn't contain SLS. BUt note that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is WORSE than sodium laureth sulfate.

There is a very gentle, but good cleanser available on the Diana Yvonne website - it is called Gentle Clean. It is used in hosptials and is safe for sensitive skin. It can be used as a face or body wash. I only use it as a body wash because I use my esthetician's scrub to wash my face, but I really like it a lot.

As to other acne products - my skin doesn't like retinoids either, but I am able to use a very mild OTC retinoid called Derm a Gel - it is very gentle. It is made by Vivant Pharmaceuticals. You might also try one of the less expensive mandelic products - NuCelle and Garden of Wisdom both make good mandelic serums.

There is a very gentle, but good cleanser available on the Diana Yvonne website - it is called Gentle Clean. It is used in hosptials and is safe for sensitive skin. It can be used as a face or body wash. I only use it as a body wash because I use my esthetician's scrub to wash my face, but I really like it a lot.

As to other acne products - my skin doesn't like retinoids either, but I am able to use a very mild OTC retinoid called Derm a Gel - it is very gentle. It is made by Vivant Pharmaceuticals. You might also try one of the less expensive mandelic products - NuCelle and Garden of Wisdom both make good mandelic serums.

Whats the difference between them? Can people with highly sensitive skin use the Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe Baby Wash?