Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tamlanticyen

Which cetaphil cleanser is better?

I have used them both, and they both have their pros and cons. It all depends on your personal prefrence and skin type, really.

Cetaphil for normal to oily is just that, for oily skin. This means it is going to dry you out more. I know it says it doesn't, but man it was pretty drying to me. If you do have oily skin though, you could probably try it and it wouldn't be too bad.

I personally prefer Cetaphil gentle cleanser. It doesnt dry me out at ALL, and I trust that it cleans well. However, it doesn't lather at all. In fact, it kind of just feels like you're putting really thick water on your face and then rinsing it off. Cetaphil for oily lathers much better, but again, is drying.

If you like a cleanser that lathers better, but don't have oily skin, I would reccomend sucking it up and geting the gentle cleanser. I think it's gentleness takes precedence. OR, alternatively, you could try Dan's cleanser, which is similar to Cetaphil cleansers. But, again, if you have oily skin, then you could probably go for normal to oily and not have a problem. Hope this helps.

i tried both cleansers, as well. although unlike gyro, i prefer the daily cleanser. probably because i have oily skin, so i dont find it drying at all. also, i like that it lathers. the other one, like gyro said, doesnt lather. may just be my imagination but i felt like it wasn't cleansing my face, like i had to wash it again or something. the daily cleanser on the other hands makes my face feel really clean and my face feels so soft after. just my opinion. hope u find one that you like!

I actually didn't know there was 2...I use the Gentle Cleanser, the fact it doesn't lather doesn't bother me, just feels nice massaging it on my face (although for some reason it feels weird if I get any on my mouth). I don't have oily skin so my face gets a bit dry even using this but only when I wash it off with water, you can actually leave it on your face (just wipe off the excess).

personally, having tried both at one point on this regimen, the one on the top i found to work better for my skin

Ive been using normal to oily skin and i like it.

it doesn't dry out my skin and cleanses well.

If you are wearing any make up stuffs (at least sunscreen), you'd better use normal to oily.

b/c gentle cleanser doesn't remove make up completely.

btw I am gonna try purpose gentle cleanser.

I have used both. I have oily skin and the gentle cleanser didn't get my face clean enough. I started getting a lot of bumps. I use the other now and it doesn't dry me out at all, but I'm not on bp anymore. Puropose dried me out when I was using bp.

Oh AND one more thing: I don't know if you're a guy or a girl, but if you wear makeup the gentle cleanser supposedly (i say supposedly because I'm a guy and I wouldn't know) doesn't get make up off at all. I think the oily one does though...anyone want to help me out with that?

I have rather dry skin, but I actually prefer the Normal-to-Oily version. It doesn't dry me out at all but it does leave my face feeling nice and clean, no residue. I don't wear very much makeup, but I think it would be a decent makeup remover unless you wore extremely heavy eye makeup. The Gentle version is pretty bad at removing makeup.

yeah, that's why i felt as if i had to wash my face again! i didn't like the gentle cleanser because it didn't remove my makeup. the gentle cleanser would be better for non-make-up wearers/dry skinned folk. what's great about both is that they're very reasonably priced. i've tried pricey department store cleansers and i also am an arbonne consultant. none of the pricey products i've used compare with cetaphil! shhh...dont tell arbonne i said that.

I've tried them both as well, and the Gentle version did not clean my oily skin well, and did not remove makeup well.

The normal-to-oily skin version cleaned much better, imo.

It does have a strong fragrance though, if that is something you need to know.

I've tried them both as well, and the Gentle version did not clean my oily skin well, and did not remove makeup well.

The normal-to-oily skin version cleaned much better, imo.

It does have a strong fragrance though, if that is something you need to know.

i would go for the gentle cleanser instead of normal to oily skin

if you can void both cetaphil products

in my experience purpose and basis worked best