Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onestyle

Suggestions for 2 sub-forums

Since we have our forums divided into sections. And theres a section called 'Other Forums'..in which there are two sub-forums, the lounge and the dump, the dump is somewhat dead. and the lounge is just for off-topic discussions. Can there be a sub-forum in the 'other forums' section for a On-Topic Discussion ? It would focus on real life events and other debates and discussions going on in real-life, although it would have nothing to do with acne, neither does the lounge and this is essentially a message board so it would make for good part. In the 'On-Topic Discussion' sub-forum, people will make threads starting arguments/debates on certain discussions, and it would be on-topic meaning people would only focus on the threadstarter's original intent.

Another sub-forum that would work is one where people will post the latest news articles from websites and then people make comments and discuss about the article.

I think both of these would work (especially the latest news one) on this message board, so is it possible to add these sub-forums ? ive seen them work on other message boards and its great to have, why cant we have it here?

Guest Grow To Overthrow

I think they're good ideas.

Another sub-forum that would work is one where people will post the latest news articles from websites and then people make comments and discuss about the article.

sure doesnt Charles Lee do that anyway? :lol:

theyre good ideas yea but I think the Lounge is supposed to cover all that really. I mean these are acne message boards, I dunno would a whole host of other non acne sub forums kinda ruin the overall message. :think:

they're great ideas, but yeah the lounge is supposed to "cover" all that, and I dont think we have enough forums and subforums already :confused:

I like those ideas. Every once in a while I'll actually read threads in the Lounge that show up when I look at new posts, only to discover that they've degenerated from an interesting discussion to two people flirting. I'd feel a lot happier about the existence of the Lounge if it had that kind of "we'll stick to this topic" quality control mechanism.